Re-applying for PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had a decision letter saying I have not been awarded PIP,  how long do I have to wait before I can Re-apply for PIP. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Put in for a mandatory reconsideration if that fails which prob will then appeal it I did it went 2 appeal and won so do they things gdluck 
  • Posted

Paul, I hope that you will be successful in your appeal.  Many years ago, I applied for mobility/incapacity benefit, I asked for a home visit because my mobility was so bad.  A doctor duly arrived by appointment and he was the most horrible man I have ever met, my friend, Pam was with me as a chaperone.  When he had gone, I can remember her saying, I should report him, I was so upset that I cried.  Eventually, the letter arrived to say that I hadn't been successful and that I could appeal.  I appealed, I am normally a very placid person, but the tone of the letter was awful.  I did appeal, and I told them straight that if I could my health and mobility back they could stuff their benefit, I must admit, I was rude.  Eventually two more doctors came out to see me and they were brilliant in fact they stopped me from doing any further tests.  A month later, I received a letter, saying that my appeal had been successful, straight talking does pay off sometimes.  Good luck, Cutanea.

• Posted

You need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration form. You can ring DWP or download one. You need to send this to DWP within 28 days if receiving your decision. Be aware that most MRs stay the same. So be ready to take it to tribunal. Good luck.
  • Posted

You can re-apply anytime but i don't see the point in doing this because the chances of them refusing you after only just being refused is very high! If you start the appeals proccess by first asking for the MR then take it to Tribunal if you're successful and 65% of those who appear at their Tribunals are successfyl then you'll be backdated to when you first applied. Re-applying seems such a waste of time, in my oppinion.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I am going back many years and no doubt the system has changed completely, I just wanted to point out that it pays sometimes to speak bluntly.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge it will be very helpful to some of the members, as for myself, at 78 years old, I just go with the flow.

• Posted

You can 3rd apply straight away. I had applied twice nd was rejected so applied again and have just had my tribunal today and won. It's town a long time over a year of fighting for it but I wish you Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.