Re award

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had mobility reduced from high to low and it says it's in going next review is 2027 what does this mean

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi it means your award is until 2027' then they will review (look) at you again then .x

• Posted

Hi Chris,

it means that the award will run for the next 10 years, having said that the DWP will contact you qw months before then to start the ball rolling oncce again. 

You say that your mobility was reduced from high to low, is that because your condition improved or just the assessors opinion.  

• Posted

Sorry Chris, that should say they will contact you 12 months before 2027.

• Posted

That is the assessor decision , they also took my standard care if me, it seems strange to me that they take payments away but agree my condition is ongoing that's why they give it me for 10 years which proves that they have to refuse most to draw back money, anyway my Mp is in my case and going to tribunal

• Posted

When I was changed over from DLA to PIP they reduced my mobility from high rate DLA to standard rate PIP. My condition is worse now & it will never get any better. I find it hard to understand how the assessor can decide that the award I was given for DLA which was high is now standard PIP. I scored 10 points & you need 12 points to be awared the enhanced rate.  I feel as though I should  ask for a mandatory reconsideration but have read that I could end up with nothing. Scaremongering at its very best.

• Posted

I got reduced from high indefinite mobility to low, and my standard care was taken away, I will never get better as I have copd and emoasima, I also have dropped foot and spinal stetnisis and tennis elbow, I also have a trapped nerve in neck , but none if this was taken into concideration it's like they used some Ines else condition, and to top it all I've got to go for Esa assedmentnin mindayvto see wether I should stay in work related group or go back to work it's I f.Joke

• Posted

How long agowas your award Mary
    • Posted

I agree Chris, it is a joke, I'm just pleased that you havent left it there.

• Posted

I was changed over from DLA to PIP last Thursday.  I had a face to face assessment & then 2 weeks later was given the outome. At least I only had to wait 2 weeks for the assessor to make the decision.  I have read that it can sometimes take months.

• Posted

I would sooner fight than accept £21 they have taken £600 a month if me sit £20 is not helping st all

• Posted

I know a lot of people say that you run the risk of losing it all, but can't you get your MP involved.  It is quite obvious that your condition will never improve and  If the MR fails then you can take it appeal and from what others have said, the success rate is quite high.  

Have you sent for the assessors report, I sent for mine just a couple of days after the F2F

• Posted

Yes I've got welfare rights to represent me in court and I've got my Mp to challenge pip they given me it for 10 years so they are admiring I'm not well, just goes to show how ruthless they are

• Posted

I have not sent for the assessors report, it never crossed my mind to do so.  I will phone tomorrow & request a copy of the report.  It will be interesting reading of that I am sure.

• Posted

What it will tell you Mary, is where the assessor has not been right about how your condition affects your everyday life.  
    • Posted

Yes, that will be right. One minute you are on the high rate & the next reduced to the standard rate. I am seriously debating with myself whether or not to ask for a mandatory reconsideration but with the scaremongering going on I am very reluctant. I would hate to think that I ended up with  nothing.

• Posted

I can understand your feelings Mary and obviously no-one can advise you which way to go, but even if the MR came out the same then I suppose you are not losing anything.  Do you think your health would stand up to an appeal. Maybe leave making the decision until you see what the report say's.  I do believe though that you only have 28 days to apply for an MR, so let's hope the report arrives quickly.  

• Posted

I don't think I could go through an appeal.  It was bad enough to go through the face to face assessment & then have to wait for the outcome. Mental cruelty springs to mind. I will wait & see what the report has to say & remind them then I have a limited time to appeal. Hopefully the report will come in time for me to read it & make a decision if I wish to appeal.

• Posted

I totally understand Mary,   having no choice about transferring from DLA to PIP is extremely stressful, I was in bits filling out the forms and the day of the F2F was horrendous. 
    • Posted

Mental cruelty is not even strong enough what they put me threw olives on 47-49 wk I had people after me for money had to declare myself bankrupt . Then o went mental shouting at the job centre plus dw p how I never got arrested I don't know.then had to go to food banks plus go through two appeals no help off my family apart from my kids . I don't trust anybody anymore I have sister who was telling me she depressed after won appeal no f help off her . My health deter rated more and more . Been on stronger morphjne now so when you have appeals to go through bad medication bad housework etc under influence drugs not knowing if you coming and going talk to me . I'm a nervous wreck through now being disabled ???? V

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.