re:borderline thyroid test

Posted , 5 users are following.

can having borderline thyroid condition cause severe migraines and headaches .Wake up in middle of night with severe localised headaches ..

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi i suffer terrible with headaches and body pain,the doctor gave me solpadol for it now i take 2 tramadol after a long day a work to ease the pain,ive been looking at medi check to see what tests i can have done to as been hypothyroid for 24 years and no longer take levo i take ndt now which is better for me as no more brain fog plus lots of other things going on ,
  • Posted

Hello Jo W

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA. 

Yes, having low thyroid or too much thyroid can cause headaches.  Migraine Headaches can come from blood sugar problems an example would be Diabetes.  Also it can come from untreated high blood pressure.

If you get these headaches  a lot see your Doctor.  Also anerusym's can cause bad headaches and you should be checked for the conditions I mention here.  Even stress can cause it.

So please see your doctor and they do have medication for severe headaches.

Stay well,  Shelly

• Posted

Shelly

Do you know why these headaches occurr though?

I have had one for most of the day and was scared in case the thyroid disorder was worsening.

• Posted

Hello Jean:

If the body has constriction of blood flow like High Blood pressure (hypertension)  headches can occur.  If our thyroid level is low or too high it can cause headaches.  Even stress like having bad news, a death in the family, lifestyle, bad nights sleep, can all bring on headaches.

Serious migraines need to be looked at by a doctor and tested so they can look for a brain anerusym etc....

Best to see the doctor if the headaches occur daily.

Shelly

• Posted

Yes the heqdaches cab be very troublesome. Best to get them checked out.

Anxiety and depression are also common signs and symptoms of a hypo and of a hyper thyroid problem. If anyo drs tell you otherwise then they are not familiar with thyroid diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.