Re-current Vaginal Yeast Infection since 4 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having very frequent (at least once a month) yeast infection. I have spoken to 3-4 gynecologists, shown to one physically. Gone through treatments of suppositories, oral medicine, and creams.. but it always tends to come back. Most of the doctors seem to be dismissive and say that this is very common. But it is not pleasant to live with. My prescribed medicine course lasts for about a week max except the last time where I was asked to take probiotics for 2 weeks and I have continued to take other probiotic supplements till date. I am just not sure what else I can do to actually fix myself. I maintain my hygiene, I do not have any type of immune dis-order. So, what is it that I could do to get better? Doctors I have consulted so far have not been helpful. Any advice, suggestion, experience would be appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hey, ive been going through the same thing sin d august, i get a sore red vagina and a burning sensation my discharge is inside but when i look i can see it! its very frustarting ive been placed on the long term thrush treatment but it is not lasting! i have heard diet is a big thing and to reduce sugar intake i use coconut oil which soothes the area! any advice would also be appreciated!

• Posted

hello.. just wondering if you had any progress or solution for this? I have been dealing with this every week or 2 for 4 months now. I've had culture test. I've had sti test. I've had lots of antibiotics. endless amount of suppositories. oral medication. creams. Nothing seems to work. wondering if you found anything?

• Posted

hello

i am on a long course of thrush tretament but still comes every menstural cycle and if im ever itritated its horrible, they say changing diet cutting out sugar and yeast! i do find coconut oil helps with the irritation and offers some relieve its so horrible 😦

• Posted

hey i think i am gojng through similar. every month after my period for the last 6 months! i have no obvious cuts or blisters to suggest anything else. the skin around my labia and vulva is raw and uncomfortable i have some itching and thick discharge

• Posted

hello.. just wondering if you had any progress or solution for this? I have been dealing with this every week or 2 for 4 months now. I've had culture test. I've had sti test. I've had lots of antibiotics. endless amount of suppositories. oral medication. creams. Nothing seems to work. wondering if you found anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.