re: dairy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've seen several people say don't eat dairy. Does that include milk? Trying to figure out how milk would be bad??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've seen that also but I don't know why a liquid would bother DD unless there is something else going on. It's also hard to figure out because it can be something you ate 3 days ago and not today or yesterday.

• Posted

Hi kat

intolerance to milk or dairy can develop but not attributable to DD although once you have an intolerance it may contribute to the oncoming of an attack, it might be best to do a test by leaving all dairy from your diet for a week or two then slowly introducing the variants and accessing any reaction. There are a few people on this site who have a definite problem with dairy so best to identify as soon as you can and if a problem put it on your NO list. For me at moment my triggers appear to be more physical rather than diet but I am new to this disease and trying to adapt on a daily basis.Good luck with it and remember you are definitely not on your own so keep in contact.

regards

• Posted

Hi

I mange milk in small amounts but am able to eat natural Greek yoghurt every day on grout for breakfast. Milk tends to be bad if you have ibs which I do as well as DD but with help worked out my limitations with it. Trial and error x

• Posted

I have almond milk or coconut milk on my cereal and make up porridge with it.    Alpro recently introduced an almond/coconut milk which I enjoy.  However, I do have a dash of skimmed milk in my tea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.