re df118 - help me!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone, i broke my ankle and then just as I had my caste off fell again and fractured it for pain relief what I was prescribed was not working in the doses stated so I now take 15-20 DHC 30mg, 8/9 diclofenac 50mg, 8/9 ibuprofen 400mg, 75-100mg of diazepam plus 3 or 4 zopliclone 7.5mg just to manage the pain, even with all this I am still not pain free, what is wrong with me, any ideas what else I can try or suggest to doctor instead of rattling round like a chemists bag when I walk????

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i severely broke my ankle as well i tore all ligiments in it and had a spiral fracture and while i was in the hospital they gave me the works I.E demeral hydromorphone morphine ocycodone etc. when i got out i was prescribed 10 to 20 mg of oxycodone every four to 6 hours and even with that i still felt pain. waht you need to realize is you are not supposed to be pain free. All you are supposed to do is manage the pain.
  • Posted

[quote:5703d96fd1=\"mel\"]hi everyone, i broke my ankle and then just as I had my caste off fell again and fractured it for pain relief what I was prescribed was not working in the doses stated so I now take 15-20 DHC 30mg, 8/9 diclofenac 50mg, 8/9 ibuprofen 400mg, 75-100mg of diazepam plus 3 or 4 zopliclone 7.5mg just to manage the pain, even with all this I am still not pain free, what is wrong with me, any ideas what else I can try or suggest to doctor instead of rattling round like a chemists bag when I walk????[/quote:5703d96fd1]

Firstly, i very much hope you are still alive! Diclofenac comb with ibuprofen is NOT good, you will have a heart attack! At the rate you are consuming these drugs, i estimate your liver will be failing within the next3-4 years. The pain you are in may also be due to poor liver function, in addition to any other cause. The recommended safe dose of ibuprofen is usually no more than 1.6grams over 24hrs. diclofenac should not exceed 150mg/24hrs. You are way above safe doses of all of the meds, clock is ticking please sort it out and soon.

• Posted

You cannot say that, if your given medication by doctors or consultants they should give you blood tests to ensure your kidney and liver functions are with in range, you cannot scare people like this.
  • Posted

:shock: OMG! I totally agree. Its a miracle you are still here at all. DO NOT take ibuprofen and diclofenac together especially not such high doses, you got a big problem cropping up here. You are using way too many meds and in too high doses, they all interact with each other you are lucky you are not comatosed by now. PLEASE be honest with your gp NOW!!! If you are not/do not you may have a really serious problem on your hands. Be honest, are you really taking all that for the reason you say? Is some of it to do with the feeling it gives you? Theres no shame it happens to so many people everyday but the ones who dont realise or admit/confront it can go on to ruin what could have been a very sweet life. Dont get stuck in this trap PLEASE get help now. You will not be able to function normally on that many different medications, some of them are extremely dangerous when mixed up that way. Please please dont excuse this as needing pain relief it just isnt going to cut the mustard. This is serious, you are getting into a serious situation that you may not easily get yourself out of again. Just speak to your gp, be as honest as you can, you dont have to be in so much pain but you are not a doctor I assume? There has to be a better way than this. As it stands now, you are killing yourself and not slowly. I speak from personal experience. Please please get some help now. :idea:
  • Posted

i wouldnt take them its one of the worst drugs you can take belive me once addicted to this drug you will have a hell of a job getting of it
  • Posted

I've a spinal injury and sadly the issue is can you live with less pain, sadly even morphine will take away the worse of the pain but cannot or does not take away all of it. Pain control is to control the pain to a level we can cope with, when I had my spinal injury they said that I would be given a dose of Morphine which would  knock me out sleep. After a week of this they then said now we will control your pain to a level you can cope with.

When you break a bone they normally give you morphine and then after one or two days they will change this to a less addictive pain killer to control your pian,

I'm never pain free but I do have less pain, if your still struggling and the out look is long term you can ask to go to a pain clinic but be warned they will look at contoling pain without medication and then if your still nin pain they will try Tens and other methods.

I've broken legs arms and other bones the pain should be gone after a week or two or to a leval you can cope with , after this doctors satart to get worried your getting addicted to your pain control .

DHC when taken goes into your body into your liver and actually gets turnbed into an opiate which is as strong as Morphine and DHC can be addictive,

• Posted

Hi Guest

im confused as to why you would be prescribed this combination of drugs I know your in serious pain I've been there but your gp should be looking at your script Brufen and Diclofenac in these doses can seriously knacker your stomach maybe try and cut that back first.as your taking 15-20 Dihydrocodeine I think you should suggest the slow release DHC they come in 60mg 90mg or 120mg they would work throughout the day.There are stronger painkillers the doc could look at and probably should Diazepam as you know never cured pain but you take 10 x10mg a day and Zopiclone is for night and personally think it's crap however I'm not a doctor go back and see the doctor or get a second opinion once your ankle does heal and you are ever pain free you will have to go through coming off the Dihydrocodeine and Diazepam try and sort a plan that suits you I think you need a stronger pain killer cut back on the Brufen Voltarol and Diazepam I hate to think the pain your in but chin up and go see your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.