Re esa

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been given pip mobility standard for 10 years, I've now got to go in assecement for Esa to see if I have to stay in work related group or go in support group, pip have agreed that I can only walk 20 metres but less than 50, I have copd and emphasymia pluss dropped foot and spinal stetnosis and tennis elbow, dobyoy think Esa will leave me in wrg or support group thanks in advance

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem, you are best in ESA Support as this is extra money.

If you are in ESA only you have to report to the job centre.

Hope it helps

• Posted

Hi Linda I'm in work related group now but if I've got pip for walking 20 meters but less than 50 will that put me in work related or support group

• Posted

I hope so as I was on enhanced mobility and standard care and took it away now I'm only in standard pip mobility, and am in process of tribunal, so I hope I get support as I believe that is more money

• Posted

Hello Chris, PIP and ESA are both completely different benefits. One doesn't reflect the other. No one can really tell you what group you'll be put it, if any. It will depend on what evidence you provide and the decision makers decision. If you don't get the decision you want then you'll have to consider the MR route. Hopefully it won't come to this and you'll at least stay in thw WRAG group. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the warning, emohasymia should be In support group you can't work with that, every day is so different so fingers crossed

• Posted

I can't answer to that i'm afraid. You'll just have to see what they the outcome is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.