Re Esa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've had Esa assessment how long befor you get results, and also if Esa results are better than pip can you challenge pip to reassess you thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It really all depends on each individual as to how long it takes Chris but a average one would be around 3 to 4 weeks but more complicated ones might take longer.
  • Posted

I got a letter from the dwp and couldn't understand how they worked out what I was getting, turned out they were paying me the same as before just change the name. So that means I'm not incapacited anymore which strikes me as funny as they have just performed a medical miracle that the doctors and drugs can't do. ha ha

• Posted

It doesn't mean they've preformed a medical miracle, it just purely means they've changed the name from Incapacity Benefit (quite some time ago) to ESA (Employment Support Allowance)

• Posted

Yes l was moved over about 4 years ago if l rightly remember..
    • Posted

Not entirely sure how one minute you are incapacitated and then you are on a benefit which is support for you to go to work, unless I'm on a different planet.

• Posted

ESA isn't a benefit to support someone into work. JSA is for that. ESA is for those unable to work....

• Posted

Because the WRAG group is to help people back into work....eventually
  • Posted

It depends on the area. The only way you can ask PIP for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) is if the decision was less than 28 days ago. If it wasn't and your condition has got worse you can report these changes. If you report any changes you'll be sent another "how your disability affects you form" like the first time, and you'll start the whole process all over again. This means your award for PIP could either stay the same, be increased or you could even lose everything. I personnally wouldn't risk that.

• Posted

Hi Denise so your saying that my pip could be stopped because I inform them of anew life king illness underactive thyroid

Even tho I scored 10points and assessor stated that I don't need to be assessed again till 2027, seems a bit stupid that by telling them about new condition that will worsen my original condition !! could increase payment, leave as it is, or make me better and take it away from me

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Yes absolutely either of those could happen. Which is why i always advice others against reporting those changes. I personnally would rather stay on the award i have now than risk losing everything. It's mean i know the things that can happen but it's true people have been know to lose everything or even have their award lowered if on Enhanced for either daily or mobility.

• Posted

I'm only on standard mobility and I'm awaiting tribunal, but I have to notify pip and make them aware of a new condition to allow them the oppertunity to increase my award or leave it the same, once they aware of new condition then I can use this in appeal , I have copd and emphysema that's why I'm on standard mobility, I've now got hypothirousim which is under active thyroid which will make my breathing worsen, they are aware my condition is bad that's why they give it to me for 10 years, also I've just been for Esa assessment and got top points in all ,

• Posted

Well done, fed up with hearing horror stories and hate the way we are being persecuted. Hope all goes well for you
    • Posted

Hi. I did not agree with what i was awarded with origional PIP claim, but rather than risk loosing anything, waited for the 2yr renewal date, then, just before reported a change. Seemed the best option.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.