Re Esa advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can sonenone please give me some advice,I've been awarded standard mobility on pip I got 10 points for wslking 20yards but less than 50, now I have an Esa assessment on Monday as to wether I get out in support group or stay in work related group, I have emphasymia and copd also dropped foot and spinal stetnotice, also what is the severe conditions that no longer need reassessing due to conditions not getting better but worse

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

The ESA assessment is different from the PIP one so the outcome may be very different.

The only condition that is classed as a special case is terminal cancer and this has to be supported with a form from a medical professional stating that in their opinion the person will not live more than 6 months.  Every other condition is re assessed on either a 6,12,18 or 2 year basis even if it is something that will not improve, this is to make sure a person is getting the correct amount of money.  Hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for reply Helen, I thought a new rule has come In october16 that anyone with a disability illness that will not ever gets better or stays sant will be exempt from assessments, or havebi read it wrong
    • Posted

But when it's announced it's only for new claimants that get out in stag group

• Posted

I think you're confused. The new clamiants you're talking about is the reduction in ESA payments NOT being exempt from future assessments.

• Posted

I've read that Esa is being cut from £102 to £73 in April is this for all claimants or just new claimants , the reason being is that I was supposed to have an assesment today to see if I stay in wrag or go In Support group , my appointment was cancelled till April , if they keep me in wrag will my benefits be cut or stay the same

• Posted

I answered your question on your other thread Chris. It's for new clamaints only. You've been claiming ESA for a while so ignore the cut.

• Posted

That's a relief as I've had problem after problem with pip and Esa thank you for advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.