Re Gallbladder removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all again, does anyone know how long this bloating goes on for after removal of the gallbladder, had mine out two weeks ago tomorrow and still suffering from bloated stomach, have i.b.s. as well but don't know whether the gas is still in they injected, any suggestions guys, thanks Stella

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Stella I'm not sure what the time table of the bloating and stuff. You can ask your doctor. I use an ice pack when I hurt. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I over did it. I can try looking up the info for you on this web site but this site won't let us name it. Hang in there. You can try gas x but ask your doctor first.
  • Posted

Stella I couldn't find much. Everything I found said avoid high fat foots and spicy foods. The liver now helps to break things up like the gall bladder use to by the bile, when the liver is over filled it can go into the spleen. They also talked about liver stones. But everything I saw said yes its common. Sorry I couldn't find anything helpful but I will try again later. Stay on a low fat diet. If you need list of foods to eat let me know. I got a list from two friens of ours who are nurses. You know I will have my husband ask them. I will get back to you.
  • Posted

Hi Stella, like you have IBS and now 2 months after op. What I thought was gallbladder swelling turns out it was my IBS in fact Sat here now after two days of it. Trouble is its hard to work out what is what at times. You should go talk to gp and maybe get the Dr to check you out. Do you take buscopan? I TAKE 20 milligrams plus 2 paracetamol, it takes. The edge off. My choice not to go stronger. Don't suffer though.
  • Posted

Stella this is what i found out from our friend who is a nurse. Usually this is caused by fats (ESP dairy ) in the diet that the gallbladder is no longer able to breakdown with an extra squirt of stored bile. Most surgeons recommend the pt continue on a low fat diet post op and add the other foods slowly in sm amts to see how well it is tolerated. miralax can help with constipation.Also avoid carbonated beverages.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.