Re: Lightheaded/faint/weakness feeling intermittent as MS symptom or?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All

I want to follow up on my old post from about a year and a half ago where I described my MS condition of feeling dizzy and lightheaded and constantly tired (along with other random symptoms and severe insomnia) - you can read the original post but its locked for replies now since it was inactive.

I visited many doctors and tried many things.  I was prescribed Adderall, Amantidine, Provigil, etc but nothing helped.  Then I went to a "Lyme literate" doctor who said it wasn't MS at all but Chronic Lyme (we wont get into a discussion of that since it's a hotly debated topic) and I also tried LDN for 3 months but nothing worked and I felt doomed.  I also stopped Tecfidera in case that was causing it, but it wasn't.  I then tried Ocrevus, still felt the same and actually worse.

FINALLY I have been finding relief and the answer is so simple I want to share it with everyone:  a plant based, whole grain diet. (basically vegan - no meat, no dairy but whole grains, beans, vegetables, mushrooms, etc)

This new doctor I am working with advised me to watch Forks over Knives.  While I was a tad skeptical, I said I need to try something else, this isn't working.

Well judge for yourselves, obviously work with your doctors, but please consider it if you are suffering from feeling awful and tired.  In just about  a month now, I am feeling more "normal" and better than I have in the past two years (and lost 5 lbs wink

To be clear - my doctor doesn't tell people to not take their medications and that this will cure MS -I know I still have MS- and I still have days where I'm not feeling 100% but I can honestly say day by day it's getting better and better and it wont hurt you to try this for a bit.  We are actually finding recipes that are delicious.

One last bit if you decide to try this, don't feel you necessarily have to give up everything cold turkey, (I did meat at least), but we're working on dairy (still a splash of half and half in my coffee).  But I wanted to share with you all what seems to finally be helping.  If you have any questions please feel free to inquire.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.