re. Nasal Polyps removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with nasal polyps 4 years ago when I was in my mid 30s.

I had the polyp removal operation a few months ago and the airways are now clear for the first time in 4 years. My sense of smell is ok, and I can smell all cooking smells and flowers etc. The polyps will probably return one day but hopefully nor for some time. The Op itself I would recommend, but it is very important to douche/clear out your nose with salt water after the Op as the blood will start to clot in the wrong places otherwise and it is important to get the airways clear. I now use Flixonase often and hope the polyps will stay way for a few years now. It certainly feels like a breath of fresh air (literally!!) to be able to breath normally again and not sound and feel bunged up the whole time. The polyps removal is not a small Op by any means, but is an Op very worthwhile having in my opinion. Here's to being able to smell and drink wine again!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too am a long term sufferer. But I particularly focus on your closing comment of being able to drink wine again.

Is this because the wine causes a reaction and makes your nose blocked up with mucus. I suffer from this symptom and wonder if there is anything else you could help me with.

• Posted

HIYA CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN GET TO HAVE THE OP FOR POLYPS AS IM AT MY WITS END AND NEED SOMETHING DOING ,THE CONSULTANT APPEARS TO BE TAKIN HIS TIME AND DOESNT REALISE HOW MUCH THIS IS AFFECTING MY LIFE THANX SANFLO :cry:
  • Posted

I have been used "Entrelief's products" for leaving  rhinitis which is the most advanced is the sigh of relief items. The special spray bottle in the kit, practically locked carrying bags containing xylitol can respond to all your needs with a unique nasal wash product.
  • Posted

I have been used "Entrelief's products" for leaving  rhinitis which is the most advanced is the sigh of relief items. The special spray bottle in the kit, practically locked carrying bags containing xylitol can respond to all your needs with a unique nasal wash product.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.