Re occurring ovarian cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've expierenced excruciating low abdominal pain for 2 years now the first was diagnosed as appendicitis that had ruptured for 7 days. Emergency surgery. Etc

Within a year after that something didn't feel right.

I had bad pains again and ended up in ER they said it's a small mass on my right ovary no big deal sent me home. 2 months later had same pain level went back to ER found out I had 4 cysts , massive infection tons of scar tissue ended up having to take my right ovary (dermoid cyst) and found some smaller cyst on uterus and bladder. Was all removed my Fallopian tubes were very scared up didn't know about having children. It's been 10 months since that surgery and all of sudden on my period on thanksgiving I had excruciating pain I knew something was wrong went to the doctor found out it is a cyst but he says it's no big deal not to worry. No treatment no check up nothing. I have a very uneasy feeling about this and I'm not sure what to do. I only have one ovary left and last time I ignored these cysts it didn't end up well for me. Someone please help me. I'm 20 yrs old and would love to be able to have kids one day

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

With only one ovariy left I would seek a 2nd opinion. No reason to leave it to luck. 
    • Posted

I totally agree. I just don't know how u go about that . And get them ur medical history
  • Posted

How the hell can your doctor just shrug you off like that considering you've had cysts before and you've had your ovary removed! This angers me ! I've got one ovary also , from a dermoid cyst 11x10x10 and I'm worried about cysts reoccurring!!! I would keep pushing and say you want to be referred to a gyno because you are unhappy with how you are being treated !

Best of luck and keep me updated xxxx

• Posted

The thing is i am very happy with my obgyn he's very kind and very considerate and for this to happen I just feel as if he wasn't on his game. Something to me is off. Just the fact that I was not sent for more testing due to the fact there's so many cyst and types out there. I'm going to request a ultra sound after my next menstrual cycle. But what was your cyst and removal like?
    • Posted

Yeh make sure you do! Because other wise you will drive yourself crazy with the worry...!

I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary it contained teeth and hair. It was the size of a large orange 11x10x10cm I was in agony the first couple of days on very strong pain relief like morphine to control my pain! It took me about a week and half to be walking upright because of the tightness in my belly button from my stitches ! I done nothing but rest tho because otherwise my recovery wouldn't of been as quick xxx are you ok? Xxx

• Posted

Oh wow sounds just like mine. And I'm doing alright. Not a ton of pain yet but it usually comes around my period. I'm gunna call for appt on my period if pain is still bad.
    • Posted

Yes defienetly but don't let your body go into too much pain because you might not be able to tolerate it ... Because I couldn't sad I was on gas and air and then morphine to take the pain away sad horrible experience of my life xx how you feeling today ? Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.