Re pip award

Posted , 2 users are following.

My pip standard mobility was awarded to me in January 17, it says next review will be 2027 does this mean that I can't appeal untill after this date, or I can't ask for reassessment befor that date even if my condition gets worse

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You have just 28 days to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. If this is what you want to do you have to be quick. Your time for this is almost up.

If your condition changes before your review date you can ring them and tell them. They'll send you another form to fill in and the process would be the same as the first time you applied. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Denise I understand that , but why have they given it to me for 10 years and not 2/3, years as per norm ,I am taking it to tribunal as m/r stayed the same, I was on dla enhanced mobility and middle care, that had been taken from me , also my Esa disability premium has been taken away, hence appeal at tribunal
    • Posted

10 years is the max amount of time any one can have. They obviously decided your condition won't change within that time, harsh i know. Most MR's remain the same and you have a better chance of success at Appeal tribunal. Were you claim Severe Disability premium before? If so then the criteria for then it sounds like your PIP award has taken this away from you because you no longer qualify.

• Posted

Yes you have to be on high mobility Or low care component to get premium!!! So by giving me award for 10 years are they saying that I'll not improve ,or won't get any worse ??? I've got empyacema

• Posted

Awards of 5-10 years will be made where changes in the claimant’s condition are possible but less likely. Hopefully the Tribunal will go in your favour. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.