Re:Winter

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good morning every one. I would like to ask if any of you move abroad in the winter time. As I am getting over being told that I have copd etc. The winter really scares me. Best regards to every one. Stuart P.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/health/yourhealth/copd

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the article that was pasted in full here as it may breach other website's copyright and replaced it with a link to the article. Please do not paste whole articles in posts. You can add a link to it and this will be approved as long as it complies with rules for posting links. If it doesn't then links can be exchanged via the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hi I would love to move to the sun in the winter if I could afford it which I can't.   If you can why not?  I only know that I dread the winters too and the cold certainly doesn't help my copd.   x
  • Posted

Good advice there from katz31 there. However, as she implies, there are many sorts of COPD and everyone reacts differently. We tried the 'move to warmer climes in winter' bit for 3 months in 2007 but I didn't really benefit at all so we gave up the idea .... and all 4 of my subsequent exacerbaions & hospitalisations have been in the period from May to July. 
  • Posted

Stuart:  I am only 2 years in to this COPD thing and I have found that summers are harder on me than winters. (I live in Colorado, USA)
  • Posted

Thank you for your replys. I'm only into this COPD this year. At first I was told to consider a lung transplant, and now just see how it goes. I've worked aboard most of my life, and only get chest infection in the winter when I'm home. Once again thank you and keep well to everyone.
  • Posted

evening Stuart79383 !

I think it's quite differcult trying to get the balance right I find it uncomfortable anytime as this English weather keeps changing constantly unless it's me! I feel it can be hard on all of us with copd I was diagnosed last June & keep developing infection after infection I've not stayed well for long but then I do have other health matters which proberly make matters worse it's differcult to get the balance right as we need it to be, what with the weather,lets remember when we used to have the spring summer Autum & winter now it seams to come as one now a days I sympathise with us all & hope you & everyone finds a way to get comfortable some relief atleast smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.