re zopiclone

Posted , 6 users are following.

i has anyone heard of signing a diclamer at the doctors to say you understand the side effects of taking zopiclone

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No but I wish they would and then I wouldn't have to get a private presciption.
  • Posted

I checked with seizure doctor and he said if taken too often it becomes addicting, I cut the dosage in half myself and it still helps me sleep.
  • Posted

Hi no I've never heard of signing a disclaimer, if I would have been told about all the side effects I would have never started taking it, been on it for too many years, I really want to get off these but I really need all your support, thanks.
  • Posted

No, but I am sure they are getting increasingly concerned about them. Having been off them a a couple of weeks now, I was talking about the side effects (or lack of them, as they are gone) and his view was they shoud be banned as they are too highly addictive. I happen to agree with him after going through 6 months of hell trying to get off them.
  • Posted

I don't think that they should be banned. I'm generally against banning things because it doesn't work. I've been on and off them for years. I come off them every so often to ensure that I don't get addicted. They're not physically addictive anyway, it's more psychological. I have no side effects when I'm off them, apart from the fact that I find it difficult to sleep. However, I couldn't sleep before I tried them and now I can get a good night's sleep and I can function the next day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.