Reaccuring parotid tumor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is Ashley, I'm 26 years old. 1 year ago I found a lump underneath my left ear (parotid gland) ended up being benign. Now 6 months after surgery i have another mass, but on the right side and this time infront of the ear. It is painful akd radiates pain into my jaw/temple. I had a CT SCAN done a couple weeks back and confirmed it was small. But I'm worried this is serious, I have been having neck pain noe and my voice has become raspy. Im only 26 and I'm worried this could be cancerous. Any response is greatly appreciated. Im a mother of two and health wise I do not feel great the last year. Thank you for any words of advice.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley

I'm going through the same thing. Ent says its a tumor. I go for ctscan on Friday and am terrified its cancer. I have neck pain and raspy voice along with a little sore throat. I hope everything turns out fine and no cancer. I'll be praying for you. Mary lou

• Posted

Thank you for replying to me Mary Lou. Im sorry you are also going through this. It can be overwhelming. I will keep you in my prayers and hope the best for you. Thank you for the reply

• Posted

Hi Ashley

I Hope all goes well for you. I'm going through same thing. I have a tumor also in parotid gland. Ct scan scheduled for Friday. I also have pain in neck and raspy throat. Also sore throat. I will pray for you.

• Posted

Hi Ashley

Thank you for kind words. I was wondering when you first diagnosed with the tumor did you have any other symptoms such as a sore throat. The reason I'm asking is because when I look up the symptoms it says sore throat is an indication of cancer

• Posted

The first tumor I found out in February of last year and this one I found out just a few weeks back. And did have ulcers in the back of my throat. My doctor said it was probably from stress. The ulcers have gone but now I'm stuck with thus scratchy sore throat where my voice goes in and out. Im not sure if it correlates to be honest. So far my surgeon has told me to just hold off till I absolutely can't (because I do have pain with this tumor) being that it's deep lobe. I am considering a new doctor because I feel I need a second opinion.

• Posted

Hi Ashley.

Sorry to hear your problems. Ulcer in throat. How did diagnose and got treated? How long you took to cure.

I am having throat sore and I don't feel all the time... sometimes I am comfortable and majorly no. U think Your reply would help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.