Reaction from gradually stopping Lyrica

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was taking Lyrica for 2 months. My neurologist increased the dosage to 300 mg. daily and a few days later I developed severe muscle pain in my legs. I asked him if I could stop it and was told i had to stop it gradually. I weaned off it for 2 weeks and stopped it 2 days ago. I now have enhanced foot neuropathy, nausea and cannot sleep much.

Has anyone had similar reactions after stopping Lyrica?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maryann, I have been on a high dose of Lyrica, (600mg daily), the maximum dose for chronic neuropathic pain. I was suddenly without them for a whole weekend after a mistake by hospital staff in Oxford, following brain surgery. Back in Stoke it was impossible for me to get any until the monday after my friday discharge. It was the weekend from hell, the anxiety was off the scale, I felt absolutely dreadful. It was 4pm on the monday before I was able to obtain my regular dose, and I've made sure never to run out again. So try to keep a dialogue open with your doctor to consider your options. Hopefully you will improve and restore some kind of normality as soon as possible. Regards, Wayne

• Posted

Hi Maryann,

My last reply was not posted not sure why maybe they don't want people knowing that a lot of medication for nerve pain don't work and have horrible side effects, Anyway I have sciatic nerve damage from hip revision I have foot pain all the time. For me topical creams with CBD and THC in them help I put the cream on at night then I put socks on . I would also look into alpha lipoic acid this vitamin is antioxidant. I have also bought roll on called out back I hope you get some relief I also sock in Epson salt bath or just sock my feet I also im very sensitive to a lot of medications since my surgery I have had to do research in order to get some relief

Jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.