Reaction to Clob?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey Everyone, just a question that many of you have probably heard before. I've been on Clob for 8 days. Diagnosed with LS just recently. 1st couple days horrible burning. I know that is one side affect, but when you already have burning, more on top of it is unbearable! Day 5 I felt much better, than day 6 holy cow..... horrible burning and inflammation, redness, like before I was on it. I keep using it thinking maybe it will go away, but at this point I'm beside myself! Didn't call the doctor because

I was trying to stick it out go back in a week to see her. Should I stop using the Clob? I just want

something to work. Been on so many different things! Taking Tylenol around the clock because I'm miserable! Any thoughts?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jpong

So sorry you're having such a hard time! The Clob or any steroids job is to halt inflammation enough so our bodies start to heal. I'm not a doctor and wouldn't want to mislead you in any way so I will just offer a suggestion. If you are not getting relief from the Clob, please stop for now. It sounds as if it may be too strong for you and there are other steroids in different classes that can be effective. I personally do not use it and find it burned more than helped. Until you can get back to your doctor I think trying to soothe your inflammation with things like oatmeal baths and plain olive oil would be more beneficial at this point. Take a look at your diet also. Anything with sugars even bread can make inflammation worse. I am a vegetarian and even though you might not want to go drastic, be aware that processed food could worsen your condition. I feel like what we put in our bodies is so important to our overall well being. Before you begin any supplements and vitamins it would be advised to discuss this with your doctor first. I hope you find healing soon and wish you best!!😗😘😁

Y

• Posted

Yes, I'm definitely more inflammed and red and burning! I didnt use it today because my husband and I had a small trip planned for the day and I just didn't want to be more miserable than I already am! I agree about food for sure! I have been sugar free for 1 1/2 years now. But, I'm starting a gluten free diet now to see if that will help.

• Posted

Yes, the sugar is everywhere and almost in everything! I only use castor/lavendar/coconut oil mix to keep everything at bay. With healthier eating and this mix, no flares in 6 months. Best to you!!
  • Posted

Hi. I asked the same question and didn’t get a reply plus I’m burning on inner thighs and groin area too. I think it was the steriod so stopped it. Burning was unbearable and dr couldn’t help just put me on waiting list for dermatology. I finally got some relief with organic coconut oil and anti inflammatories. Read earlier about bicarbonate of soda and water spray. Sound like that helped others. Hope we get more good advice soon . 
    • Posted

Hi Yvonne, what kind of anti inflammatories? I'm assuming that was a prescription? I just started taking the sitz baths with the bicarbonate. It's soothing while I'm in it, but still having the burning and irritation but I think it's starting to calm down a bit since stopping the Clob. I have to call doc tomorrow. Don't have appt. until next Monday. Hopefully I can get in sooner. Prayers!!

• Posted

Anti-inflammatory medicine can be ibuprofen bought at any drugstore to help with the pain until you begin to heal!
  • Posted

Hi, I'm a newcomer here too. I'm quite sure I've had this condition for a long time. I was diagnosed with LS last year and prescribed Clob. my LS settled down and that was great, but it didnt last and when the next flareup happened I thought all I had to do was start Clob treatment again. This time it made no difference at all, I was bleeding from a lesion and had a white patch of scaly skin.Squirmy itch and pain. It was awful.

I was reading the guys posts on here and was delighted to read that Clob is only one treatment for this awful complaint.

I bought castor oil, essential oils -  lavender and frankincense and made a potion with them and started applying religiously three times a day and after passing water. I can only say that its working!  The lesion has stopped bleeding and it doesn't feel as if I'm sitting on broken glass,the itch has become bearable, the white patch is still there but not stinging.

Would you not try something similar until you can see your doc? We all know how you are feeling and it's awful for you.

• Posted

I'm glad you found some relief! I have been flare free with the use of essential oils...lavendar, castor, coconut ....i count believe the relief! I've also found witch hazel worked wonders for one itchy spot that i had which is now gone! Some things work for some and not others but you are in the right place for some great advice and healing methods!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.