Reactivation After Surgery?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had first symptoms for 12 weeks. It was devastating. I have been fine for 2 months. But I needed a lump removed. Its been two weeks since the surgery and I have had a low grade fever for 2 weeks. I've let the surgeon know and my fever is too low for an infection (my incision is healing fine) but it is just right for mono symptoms. I am so bummed, drained and starting to think my mono is back. Anyone with similar experiences?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

seems like anything stressful in the first year brings it back, just not as intense. I'm at month 10 and having a relapse due to a stressful situation. I had all the neurological issues last week and now I'm exhausted. Nothing like the initial, but still...

• Posted

I am so sorry, Jen! How long has it been for your reactivation? Mine is also not as intense. I am no longer working and I can't keep going like this. It will kill my savings. I wish I could have delayed having the lump removed.

• Posted

Hi Excited for Good,

What a time of it you've been through lately by the sounds of it, hoping very much you are recovering well from your surgery - having to go through that at the same time as mono I can only imagine how awful and tough that must have been.

I just want to reassure you that it can be normal still to feel the low grade fever after 12 weeks, and to have ups and downs with it during recovery. It was the one symptom I found the most debilitating and frustrating, and although it took a bit of time to settle down, it did settle down and go away completely thanks to God only.

After 3 months I was still struggling badly with the low grade fever and the virus, I think that period was the worst because it had been going on every day for so long and I was weary and still feeling I was in the intense phase of the virus.

But it does get better! You will recover and the low grade fever will go completely. Don't panic if it takes a little time, it can be normal, but you will get there and get back to full health again with time. Just hoping and praying things settle down and remember just to look after yourself, take good vitamins and herbs, drink plenty of water, and get plenty of rest - one day at a time is the only way to deal with this virus, getting through a single day in the intense phase can be so draining and really is a big achievement.

Let us know how you are getting on and just want to encourage and reassure you that things will get better with time - and that's coming from me as someone who was beaten up with this virus for a number of months and so down and discouraged - hang in there, better and healthier times are ahead. Thinking about you - keep your spirits up and talk to someone you trust about how you're feeling - dealing with this on your own is so hard and it's good to share with someone you know will be understanding and supportive.

Craig

• Posted

Your reply has given me such great comfort. I have been scared that it won't end. I have lost so much from this experience and it's changed me. I'm not the same person. I just pray for an end to this virus.

• Posted

Does reactivation end? does it take longer? I had my health back, I was going back to school to come my career. I even got into a great program that starts in August. Then this lump being removed sent me because to fevers around 199. It makes my brain mush, my 5 year old son said that I had more love to give him before I got sick. I am a single mom and terrified that if I don't get my health back I won't get a job and out my life back together. Be a good mother again. I am heart broken.

• Posted

Been 7 months of nothing fun feeling bad for me. I got a house and got married during this ordeal and all i worry about is losing the house or my wife adding to the stress but there is not much we can do but give it time to heal and try to relax as best as possible. It will all work out and we have little control over it all as all we can do is try to be healthy and stay positive as much as possible and limit the worry and extra stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.