Reactive spondyloarthritis and sulfasalazine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis in 2016. I was put on steroids and mostly improved. I got pregnant and felt 100% better. Last October I developed pain and swelling in fingers. By May my foot and back were also bothering me. Anyways I was diagnosed with reactive spondyloarthritis. I live out of the country, but it was described as chronic reactive arthritis. luckily it is so much more minor than the initial flare.

I was put on sulfasalazine mid September and have been on 2000mg a day for about a week.

Is it possible for side effects to start this late into the medicine?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I did a simple google search on sulfasalazine and found many hits; I chose this one:

You can read it and consider how it affects you. More importantly, since you wisely have kept most of your health history private, you ought to search for yourself so you can ask more pointed questions that hopefully will get more specific answers. As it is, I, for one, have no idea how big your "broad side of the barn" is if I were take a shot gun and shoot the "barn". 😃

Moderator comment: I have removed the link as users can easily find the information using a search engine rather than linking to a specific website. If users want the specific link use the Private Message service to exchange.

• Posted

Hello,

Firstly, getting pregnant, just like going through puberty and menopause, can either increase or decrease attacks of arthritis and multiple sclerosis (MS). I have known women who have gotten pregnant, felt much better, and then a few months later relapse into their MS.

Secondly, use the web to educate yourself about your drugs and your condition.

Thirdly, learn about diet.

Fourthly, start an exercise program.

Fifth, search through the various parts of this website that deal with your disease and symptoms.

I hope I have provided some help and information for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.