Read citralopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

i thought i would do a update on my 2 month update on cit 10mg i feel a lot better than i did before i took the medication a lot of people are skeptical of taking AD's but i personally think it was the best decision i ever did for the first few weeks it was a bumpy ride and i felt like i made a mistake but you have to fight through that and make it through to the better of it because it will pass and you will feel better in yourself. i am at 70% better already and i am able to see things clearer and think through my options of what to do to make things better for the reasons i went on the tablets to begin with.. if anyone needs advice message me and ill gladly help you through and tell you whats normal and not

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Hey James,

sorry for the delayed response. That's

FABULOUS! It took me 9 months to appreciate the drug. im on it 2 years and never coming off of it. I'm so focused and my energy is great. I'm back in the gym getting my 6 packs back. I had a rough time adjusting with this med. I'm also at 10 mg.

Thanks for posting how you are progressing!

You can always PM me with questions!

Will

• Posted

I'm quite happy for you both. I seem to be going through a struggling time right now as I'm 4 months into Citalopram 10mg as well. Some weeks i feel just like myself and some times like these, it's just tough and hard really... xx

• Posted

Hi Aziz x

i am doing well although i upped my dose to 20mg so i am kind of back at square one. I am 10weeks in on 20mg x i have had low moments abd bad times but i try to remember it will be up and down till i level. Currently going through a bit anxiety today but i handled it well. I use no head chatting to handle my thoughts x how are you? whats your dose x

• Posted

Although i was on 10mg for a whole i just seemed to not level so i upped my dose x dont be afraid everything will be ok x

• Posted

hi

when u say no head chatting what do u mean im stuck in head chat

• Edited

Hi Don, when you say head chat do you mean you are always overanalysing your thoughts and feelings?

If so the best thing to do is to practice stopping the interaction. Kate Cogs in this forum taught me to do and I am far from perfect.. infact currently going thru a mini blip now and I am still practicing day by day. It is tough I know but when you realise you are stuck in it.. slowly pull back from analysing and dissecting each thought.. the thoughts arent so the problem but our reaction to them. Watch your thoughts like spectator and mind you, you will fail many many times but you have to keep trying. Understanding that we can reduce abd stop our head chatter with out thoughts works and you will see that it will eventually lose its importance even though it will not be easy! x pm me if you want to talk and get reassurance xx

• Posted

This is excellent advice and yes it takes time and tbh it's been about 4 years since I was diagnosed with anxiety and even now during blips knowing what I know and putting into practice what I've learnt, I can still stumble and become overwhelmed.... Just coming out if a 3 week blip here.... I'm just over 6 months into 10mg citalopram for the second time in my life (the pandemic kinda set me back) and actually I recovered quicker and have had less blips than I did the first time around so I know I can do this without the medication,, but have decided to stay on it now until things are more settled in my life and this damn covid isn't the main thing on the news everyday lol

• Edited

Hi Hope, I am glad you're doing better xx

Even i stumble tbh but once you keep it at the back of your mind that anxiety is not a monster and you are in control.. it is very reassuring.. let the bad uglysad depressing feelings come.. it will pass.. Covid definitely affected all of us and even with me increasing doses.. i am still trying to level out. Stay on the medication as long as you can then slowly wean off! pm me for reassurance cause we all need it! lol

• Posted

hi james. hope you are well, how are you feeling right now. were u on 10 mg all the time. have upped the dose at any time.

• Posted

So so happy for your James x I am 10 weeks in 20mg and i am still riding through it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.