Read my x ray Left little toe

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone read an x ray?

I injured my little toe about 5 weeks ago. I finally had an x ray today. 

I am convinced there must be something wrong as it's still swollen, discoloured and hurts to touch and wear certain shoes. 

Oh and how do I upload the x ray??!!!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katy what did they say when they gave you results, usually for a broken toe or finger they don't do anything because the bones are so small they will just nit back, normally they don't even X-ray them nowadays, even if you hurt your toes they will swell up and bruise which takes a few weeks to go down but will be fine, wear so shoes/boots that will support it and use ice which will make swelling go down

• Posted

I haven't had the results yet, I only have the pictures. I will see the GP on Monday for results.

If there's no fracture then I'm surprised it's taking so long to get better. 

• Posted

Like I said it can take weeks, fracture or no fracture and they still want do anything unless your outside UK and have health insurance which means you pay and they will operate or whatever you say you want, in UK they do not usually x-ray for it

• Posted

You could possibly have gout which is found through blood work.  If the toe is red,swollen, painful to walk on (may cause a limp), and painful to light touch or even bed covers touching the toe it could easily be gout. 

Gout causes an arthritis that usually affects one joint on one side of the body and the areas commonly affected include the toes, foot, ankle, knee, thumb, fingers, and wrist. The inflammatory response to gout is seen in the redness of that joint and the soft tissue surrounding that joint.

You should see your Primary Care Provider or go to an Urgent care to be seen.  Different foods and beverages can cause this condition to occur, alcohol being the #1 item to avoid.  Foods in brine, such as pickles, some olives, etc. should be avoided.  And last, any foods that have preservatives such as some cheese products, or that are cured, ie ham, bacon, salami, corned beef, should also be avoided.

• Posted

Good thanks. I'm told to buddy tape it and rest it as much as I can for three weeks and then re X-ray it. 

• Posted

That's good, what they would advice here as well, not to tight though, are you putting cotton wool Inbetween the next one and fixing them together

• Posted

No I hadn't thought of that. Thanks 

• Posted

No probs, also better to use dry Bandage so you can remove to wash so you don't acquire athletes foot through sweating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.