Reading Blood test results

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all I am new to this forum since reading my blood results I am worried sick. I would like to know if anyone can read my results on here please?

Total white blood count 11.52 109/L [3.4 - 8.4]

Above high reference limit

Red blood cell count 4.88 x1012/L [3.72 - 5.06]

Haemoglobin concentration 151 g/L [110.0 - 147.0]

Haematocrit 0.450 L/L [0.35 - 0.47]

Mean cell volume 92.2 fL [86.0 - 102.0]

Mean cell haemoglobin level 30.9 pg [27.0 - 33.0]

Mean cell haemoglobin concentration 336 g/L [300.0 - 365.0]

Red blood cell distribution width 13.2 % [12.2 - 14.8]

Platelet count - observation 261 109/L [150.0 - 400.0]

Platelet distribution width 12.8 % [9.0 - 14.0]

Neutrophil count 8.49 109/L [1.6 - 4.6]

Lymphocyte count 2.14 109/L [1.1 - 2.9]

Monocyte count - observation 0.81 109/L [0.2 - 0.6]

Eosinophil count - observation 0.03 109/L [0.03 - 0.28]

Basophil count 0.05 109/L [0.0 - 0.1]

Nucleated red blood cell count 0.00 10*9/L

Serum CA 125 (cancer antigen 125) level 12 ku/L [< 35.0]

If symptoms suggest ovarian cancer but CA125 normal

assess for other clinical causes and advise return if

symptoms more frequent and/or persist

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hello there,

can u write what are the exact symptoms u experience?

• Posted

Hello there i have bronchiectasis and ive been getting a lot of pain in my lungs. I have a heavy growth of Pseudomonas and thats not responding to antibiotics. Tummy pain, bloating. Feeling weak and tired all the while. Sorry for the long reply.

• Posted

Apart from the blood test, what other tests or scans have you had?

• Posted

What have the doctors told you they are testing for? What is making you concerned? Are they planning on giving you any more scans?

• Posted

Well i had pain in my lower tummy. All he told me was he was tumour testing. I know some of my results lts are abnormal and the doctor cant see me too Monday. So im worrying hete as to what they found. Thanks for replying.

• Posted

I know it is easy for me to say, but try not to worry until you know there is something to worry about. You will probably need further tests as you do have some higher than average results but it doesn't necessarily mean you have cancer. Try and do lots of things to distract yourself until you get more information from the doctor. If you are feeling too unwell to go out, watch some comedies, play some computer games, listen to some uplifting music, chat to a good friend or family member but don't obsess over the results.

I wish you good luck and good health and hope you feel better soon. 😃

• Posted

Thank you so much Moon. I guess i worry aot as i lost my Dad and Nan to cancer. But like you said today I am keeping busy. Owning a Siberian Husky and cleaning up after him and summer shedding. So i push against the fatigue and chest and stay as active as possible. Xx

• Posted

Hi Andrea, I was wondering how everything was going. Did you find out what was wrong?

• Posted

Hello moon. I've seen my gp and his said those bloods are normal. I've just finished another course of ciprofloxacin for pseudomonas. So I'm still none the wiser.

• Posted

Are you still having tummy problems? Because antibiotics can really upset your stomach. When I get stomach pain and bloating I take alverine it can really help. If you are still getting an upset tummy it may not be a bad idea to ask your doctor for some.

• Posted

hi andrea i've had elevated counts for 8 years had bloods done on tuesday and got to see a haemotologist i'm worried to mine are.. wbc 17 neutrophil count 11.3 eosinophil 0.7 basophil 0.2 lymphocyte 3.9 red blood count 5.07 results say reactive lymphoctes present i'm so worried not had any weight loss liver / kidney function normal so is all other blood work i'm 54 postmenopause going toilet normal only thing wrong is when i eat a big meal i feel full quick so if anyone knows possibly what could be causing this i'd be appriciated worrying myself stupid

• Posted

Hi Wendy with mine they put it down to infection. Still sadly I'm none the wiser. Let me know please how you get on at the haematology. Stay busy if possible like i did and it helps with the worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.