Ready to punch my Uber driver 😖

Posted , 8 users are following.

My Uber driver came tonight I forced myself to go out ... early. I have  crippling fatigue depression and don’t know how I got myself together .

She said ‘I picked you up some months ago and took you to the airport ‘ I said ‘yes on that trip was when my life changed spent most of the time in my room awful awful menopause symptoms dizzy fatigued could not get out of bed’

She said ‘ oh yes I had a few hot flashes ‘

I wanted to either punch or strangle her !!!

I’m completely debilitated agh!!!! 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Lol!!! ....a few hot flashes...

I'm sure you just started at the back of her head, imagining strangling her.

• Posted

I about spit out my coffee when I read this heading. At least you haven’t lost your sense of humor!

And yes, I understand everyone’s eye roll when they’re talking to somebody who hardly faced  any affects with going through menopause or perimenopause. How is that even possible?!? 

• Posted

Thanks Kellie

I’m depressed most or ALL of the time but I’m

Still ‘trying ‘ and trying so hard to get back to ME . The funny confident able to cope person ... I miss her !!! Come back ! 

• Posted

She's probably lying. Women have symptoms that they simply attribute to aging, not menopause. Women still try to act like it's no big deal.😡

• Posted

Your too funny Lori!!! But I seriously think that all woman do go through symptoms with the change... It can not be avoided it just can't. Just like getting your periods can't be avoided, we all have to go through it.. Now all woman probably don't put it all together they just go to their doctor complaining of these gawd awful symptoms that they don't realize are their fluctuating hormones (menopause) only to be told yep you have anxiety here are some anti anxiety or anti depressant meds go home and take them, and they do and just feel like they're a bit down with life and age and never even realize they are going through the change, especially if they aren't even having hot flashes which a lot of us don't . Then they just go on with their lives feeling all these symptoms and not even realizing hormones are causing all their symptoms, and a lot of their symptoms are masked because they're on all the meds and drinking wine and so forth they just feel great again but symptoms are masked there but there not feeling it..so telling everyone yeah I didn't feel anything with my menopause... Take away the antidepressants and anti anxiety meds and all the wine and so on and they'll feel it ha...

• Posted

Yes .... you can’t go through this without ‘anything ‘ if you’re going through it really bad . It was just the ‘oh yes I remember that ... and a few hot flashes’ statement . I’m thinking ‘remember it ? I’ll NEVER forget this time ! Ever ! It’s been hell !!! 
    • Posted

Yes lol we've definitely been branded for the rest of our lives for sure...

• Posted

Also forgot to ad just about all woman I've talked to , to question them about their menopause tells me they're on some kind of medication for anxiety .. That's a lot of woman on medication at this age, so that says a lot right there!

• Posted

Yes the she proceeded to talk about her sister in law a surgeon who had chronic fatigue for a year .... all she could do was go to work and nothing else .... I’m thinking ‘ok now that sounds familiar ‘ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.