Real bp issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was put on bp pills yrs ago as I'd had bp spikes After 3 yrs I was told to come off after bp was low I later had an eye haemorrage and the nxt gp put me on AMLODIPINE 2 yrs ago I just started taking it in the evening, thought this meant to be better but waking up with headache now Been in hosp for minor op and they wouldnt give me my pills as too low bp THIS morning before breakfast I am 124/39 PROB wont take pill tonight and go back to mornings

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If your BP is that low, don't worry about the pills.

Amlodipine takes many days to wash out of your system anyway.

It's also not like beta blockers that have to be tapered off.

• Posted

Hi, I am in my late sixties and am no on Amlodipine 10mg a day. I haven't seen any really significant lower of my readings yet! No side effects but I am aware of them. Glad I'm not the only one on this med !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.