Real problem or anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am having either real heart problems or anxiety.  I am worried about which it is.  

Facts:

Severly overweight (almost 400 pounds)

38 years old

Taking medication for high bp - highest tested was about 150/95 - with medication it is usually around 130/80

Cholesterol is 111 ldl / 27 hdl

Triglycerides are 169

Very sedentary lifestyle because I am scared if i have a heart problem exercise will trigger it

Having chest pain sometimes - alot of shoulder pain.   Shoulder pain occurs mostly with moving but sometimes when not but definitely gets worse with moving

had a stress test in march that came back with no problems but i fear they missed it

resting heart rate according to fitbit is 73 

Long story short is that the chest/arm/shoulder pain coupled with my weight makes me worry that I do have heart problems that were missed.  

Please let me know your thoughts.  Should I trust my feelings or my Dr?  What are the odds that chest and shoulder/arm pain at my size are unrelated to heart?  I am racking up medical bills and not finding answers.  Should I take this to mean it is all in my head or trust my instincts and find a new dr who will find the cause?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi William,anxiety does mimic heart problems eg You worry,so your heart races,you panic thinking its a heart attack,it races even more...I thnk u nd peace of mind,if the stress test was clear,but ur still unhappy,u cld ask 4 echocardiogram,thats a scan on ur heart,it shows how well its pumping etc....hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.