Really anxious

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 28 and have never suffered migranes until last month. I had 2 last month both with auro and lots of sickness however in the last 2 weeks I've had around 7. I went to see my gp and she seemed really concerned that this has all of a sudden started and the frequency of them. I have been referred for an urgent mri and i am now petrified I have a brain tumour. Has anyone else started having auro migranes in late twenties or older??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill

i have suffered with migraines, since i was a young child. Both of my parents suffered with them too.

I am now 56 and i still suffer, even after going through my menopause.

I went to a migraine clinic and they are very good. They ask about your diet, what gives you headaches, allergies. I have found mine getting worse, with different foods, that I was able to eat, but cant now. I know by your age you are not menopausal.

But if they can't find anything, after your MRI

see if you can be referred to a migraine clinic.

I have to go to bed with mine i get sick, can't stand the light and can't eat properly.

Try this, put a amethyst stone on the pain area of your head, the pain does lessen after a while. Wear sun glasses too to keep your eyes from the daylight. I do find Crystal healing works for me. Keep up your water intake, aswell.

I hope any if this helps you.

Kind Regards

Elizabeth

• Posted

I was 29 and pregnant when I had my first one. Scared me to death. But that was over 30 years ago and still kicking. Actually, they tend to get better as you get older. I know that's not much consolation to you right now, though. I'm sure your MRI will be fine. Keep us posted.

Kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.