Really anxious, anyone know how to find out decision on weekend

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I'm going from indefinite dla to pip. I rung yesterday and decision was made late on Thursday so it hasn't updated yet so they couldn't tell me. Is there any way to find out on the weekend? My anxiety is through the roof I can't cope with not knowing. I've tried to ring normal number but it's not open

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Also I haven't received a text saying I'm entitled

• Posted

Unfortunately you will need to wait for the letter, or call them on Monday  sad 

• Posted

You'll have to wait for Monday I think.  I haven't heard of them working at weekends although you could always try calling them on the offchance.  At least they've made a decision.  Even if it ends up not being what you want it's better to have a decision and something to work on rather than sitting for weeks or months on end waiting.  Your anxiety over the decision will be over on Monday.  I hope you get the result you are hoping for.  If not think then about whether you're going to go for MR and getting evidence together.

I never received a text saying I was entitled, I only found out for sure when my letter arrived so don't take this as an indication that you've been turned down.  I had texts throughout saying they'd received things but nothing at the end about the result.  Have you requested the report from the DWP that the assessor wrote?  If not, it's worth requesting this when you phone on Monday.  Even if you get the result you want it's useful to have so that you understand a bit more about how they interpret things you do and say during your assessment.  Also, you'll need this if you haven't got the result you hope for and decide to go for MR as you'll know what you need to challenge and what aspects of your claim you need to provide more evidence for.

I know how awful the waiting is.  I got an award, but not what I was hoping for, so I'm now going for MR which is also causing me a lot of anxiety.  Try not to worry until you get the result - it's not going to change anything.  I know that's easier said than done but just try to take it easy today and tomorrow. 

• Posted

I also got an award when I was changed from DLA to PIP but not the one I was hoping for either.  I have decided that I will not go for a mandatory reconsideration as I am afraid that I could lose what I was awarded.  I have read so many stories where people have ended up with nothing.  I suppose what I have been awarded is better than nothing.  I had been on high rate DLA mobility & now I am on standard rate PIP.  I will be reassessed in 3 years so maybe then I will be awarded what I believe I am owed.

• Posted

Hi Angela, Scally is right they don't send texts with decisions. As it's Saturday there's really nothing you can do until they open at 8am Monday. Try to relax and hopefully you'll get good news Monday when you ring. Good luck. If not and you need advice please just ask.

• Posted

Thankyou all, I'll have to see what happens Monday first thing. Trying to keep myself busy

• Posted

Pls be pos soz to hijack this thread could i claim p i p for severe anxiety and depression i was placed in s g back to worry of waiting for decision i would ring dwp first thing mon theres nothing u can do now till mon so enjiy rest of weekend i know it takes over your life and thats all yiu can think of its hard but pls dont worry u carnt change the decision but what i did was prepare my self just in case it was not the result i wantted but think pos it does work !!
    • Posted

Sorry i missed your question as didn't notice till i re-read your post. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. If you have problems in daily life such as washing/dressing, cooking/preparing meals, going out, budgeting decisions, planning/following a journey or moving around you could put in a claim. You'll need evidence to support a claim which can be anything from a letters from Consultants, GP, Occupational Therapist, Medication list or someone that knows you well. There's plenty of info on the internet about PIP if you google it. Try googling "PIP descriptors" this will explain all the points that could be awarded.

• Posted

I rung this morning, I've been awarded standard living, I'm going to think about what to do but I'm pleased I got awarded something

• Posted

What award did you have with DLA? if you;re not happy with the decision you have 28 days from the date of decision to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) put this in writing as well as ring. Gather as much extra evidence if possible. CAB are very good with MR's. Please be aware that most MRs come back the same and they look at the whole award again so you could lose everything. Your next step after this would be Appeal Tribunal but results are often more success with this. Also if you haven't got a copy of the assessment report please do ring and ask them to send you one. Goodluck what ever you decide to do.

• Posted

Thankyou, I've asked for copy of the report. I had middle rate care and low mobility. I have chronic fibromyalgia, cluster headaches, uncontrollable epilepsy, idiopathic intercranial hypertention severe anxiety and depression and waiting for autism assessment. My epilepsy is no better now and that was the only condition dla was awarded on. I can't be alone at all. I'll look at the letter when it comes and see how fair it seems and if I have the energy to appeal with

• Posted

I can't really add anything to what Denise has advised angela and it will be interesting to read what the assessor has written in the report.  My report arrived quite quickly so hopefully you won't have to wait very long for it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.