Really bad acne

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey needing some advice for my anxiety I have had it about 2-3 years but the last year and a halve I've started getting it on my back and chest I've tried different antibiotics and diffiren gel but only seems to slightly improve it and I took the antibiotic for about 6 month. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I get acne on my back too and it might be the water from your bath/shower. Or the products you use in the shower...literally anything shampoo, shower gel, face wash. A lot of these things have SLS or SLES(chemicals which are bad for skin and with certain people can cause acne). So I suggest looking more into more natural products. Good Luck!!!
    • Posted

Hi thx Alex I think shaving is making it worse on my face too and I shaved chest last week and it has got 50x worse so going to stop that. Have u tried the cetaphil acne soap? 
    • Posted

I tried Cetaphil for about 3-4 days and after I had such bad breakouts I just wanted to sit and cry. I would advise you not to use that brand like at all.
  • Posted

Well I see doc Monday morning and I'm not taking anymore antibiotics it's pointless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.