Really bad anxiety help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all so earlier this year something snapped and I became massively anxious particularly health anxiety which ALWAYS focusses on cardiac related conditions particularly heart attack and sudden cardiac death syndrome.

I'm 34, male overweight and has had tens of ecgs all of which I've been told are normal except for a q wave in lead 3 and a slightly prolonged QTC at 475ms which again I've been told by a doctor, registrar and consultant is normal however after checking on google anything Above 450ms is apparently abnormal !!

What worries me is I've been getting a dull 'poking' sensation in left side of my chest and cold hands and feet though my bp is normal as is my finger oxygenation also my cholesterol is raised but normal and all my other bloods and even had a coronary calcium score in 2011 which is normal !!

The pressing in my chest I can sometimes replicate by pressing where it's sore (I do have costochondritis aswell) but I sometimes also feel light headed and not quiet with it sad

Anyone else have similar symptoms is this my heart or is it my anxiety either way I can't live like this it's killing me :'(

(Pain in my chest has never been above a 3 on pain scale also forgot to mention my pulse is fine as is checked by Fitbit)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I went threwcold and hands and feet clamy as well pains in chest it's all to do with anxiety I use to shake as well but I got sumthing from doc which helps x

• Posted

How long did episodes of the pain in chest last Arlene I've had the shakes too especially when it ends up in a panic attack sad

• Posted

Somtimes it short but next time it last 5 ten minutes i take deep breaths and it eases it my legs used shake all time my stomach somtimes get sore as well
  • Posted

I have heart health anxiety also. I don't have a day where I don't have chest pain or heartburn. First I had palps daily. Now it's daily pain. If I'm not anxious, I won't have pains.. But sometimes I still will even if I'm not anxious. I also have costo.. It sucks.

• Posted

You sound like a carbon copy of me anxietysite do you ever get a weird pain like a pressing pain in your calves and your arms too?

The palps and pain combined though are a nightmare as I type this my heart rate is at 99 / 98 / 97 (dropping as I type haha) but I've had it as high as 159 before it's terrible as a lot of people don't take it seriously and just make out you're nuts

If you want someone to talk t about it anxiety site facebook me 'lee tempo tempo Jennings'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.