Really bad anxiety. I hope

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's going in 2 months now. I have really bad physical symptoms, such as heart racing , shortness of breath, pain and heavyness in arms and legs, hot flashes, chills, sweating for no reason, dizziness lightheadedness nausea , heartburn indigestion,blood pressure spikes blurry vision etc... I have been to the er at least 6 times. Blood work chest xray ekg all come back normal. Seen a cardiologist and they did a 48 hour holter moniter, more blood work and echocardiogram. All came back normal as well. But I don't feel normal. I wake up every morning feeling like I'm sick. I am 30 years old 6 foot 190lbs. I used to exercise regularly but haven't in a couple months in fear of something happening. Everyone is saying its anxiety but i am still not convinced. If anyone else feels this way please help me. Thank you

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I used to be very social and outgoing but now I am afraid to go out in fear of something happening to me.
  • Posted

I'm in your same shoes brother....its the worst feeling in the world

• Posted

Exactly....but mine have gone to the next level...it now involves cognitive decline....I don't wanna scared you more..but in my case it started with your symptoms..then 5 months ago my short term memory and concentration started to falter..

All my doctors can't find anything wrong....I don't know what else to do too....WE'RE IN THE SAME BOAT...

• Posted

Are you taking any medication??

My Dr. Isn't sure what else to do and neither do I. It's to the point where I want them to find something wrong so they can treat it.

Thanks for replying brother. It does make me feel better to know that I'm not alone.

• Posted

PM me any time brother..Lets talk..sometimes talking to someone in the same situation it eases the symptoms...
    • Posted

I definitely will. You do the same. Message anytime. I appreciate the support brother
  • Posted

Yes I have all these symptoms and am currently trying to find something that helps me as well.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that your also going through this brother. What have you tried to feel better ?
    • Posted

antidepressants and therapists appointments help but my headaches and other symptoms seem to remain throughout the day. Some days are better than others though. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Andrew...you are definitely not alone. I am 29 and get all the symptoms you have just mentioned... just tonight i have had to leave my nephews birthday party and sit in the car as i had a major panic attack. Left my own kids there with my parents i couldn't stay. Is there anything you think has caused you to feel this way? Xx

• Posted

So sorry to here that your also going through this. No one should have to

I lost my job in August but didn't start to feel this way until October. That might be the reason why I feel this way but I don't think it is.

I'm tired of feeling this way. All I wanna do is lay down. Every time I get up I start to feel dizzy. I wake up in fear that I'm gonna have a heart attack.

• Posted

It is very likely that is the cause. I have had a lot of upset over the past few years with family issues and i think thats the reason i feel like this... i have started having counselling and she told me its defo the reason i have these symptoms. I feel like i am going to die all the time its just so awful. Sat and sobbed to my dad tonight.. a woman of 29 with 3 kids and i feel like a little girl needing her daddy its just so horrible. Please try and believe what the doctors tell you though... easier said than done i know xx
    • Posted

Deep down I believe that's the reason I feel this way. I just got to stop being stubborn I guess.

I'm 30 with 3 kids and know exactly how you feel. I feel bad I'm not able to play with them like before.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

• Posted

I actually went to the doctors yesterday and they prescribed me sertraline how about you? Think it takes a couple of weeks to start working xx
    • Posted

How are you feeling ??

I was taking ativan. I have to wait to the 27th to get it refilled. It seems to help a little

• Posted

Feel worse than ever to be honest. But the doctor did warn me this would happen. Got to power through with it x
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that.

I just woke up with heavy/weak feeling in my arms and legs. Dry mouth and face feels warm.

Trying not to panic

• Posted

I know its hard not to panic. But remember that it is the anxiety giving you these symptoms. Take some deep breathes. I am going for my second counselling session tomorrow it can't come quick enough xx

• Posted

Thank you for the support Rachel.

Do you ever wake up like that ?

I'm glad the counselling is helping you. That a positive.

• Posted

i wake up breathless and allsorts. So many physical symptoms something is always hurting or aching. Yes i think that counselling is the way forward for me definitely. I just want to feel myself again 😔😔😔

• Posted

You will. One day all this will all go away.

Feel free to PM me anytime. I know that talking to someone who is going through this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.