Really bad indigestion - need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone!

For a couple of months now i have struggled with really bad indigestion, to the point that the pain in my upper stomach and back is unbearable and i need to make myself sick.

The doctor has gave me Omeprazole which does help some days but then others I cant even eat one small thing without getting the pain.

I struggle to burp due to the food coming back up so i am not able to release the gas.

Does anyone else experience something similar because its getting unbearable now!

I am also waiting on blood test results from the doctor regarding this.

amanda

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi amanda7497

What is your diet like? do you eat healthily?

do you take your time eating your food or rush it. If you eat quickly your food can't digest comfortably. On the other hand have you tried keeping a food diary to see what food may be causing the pain....You may have some food intolerance....

• Posted

Hello, my diet is really good. I eat really healthily during the week then at the weekend i'll have a takeaway.

Sometimes i eat quite fast without noticing, i need to pay attention to that.

I havent tried a good diary but i might. It seems to be anything that can trigger it though, just eating in general triggers it

• Posted

Ask for a stool test to look for h pylori. You may also need an endoscopy to look for gastritis. Try a food diary to see what foods could be upsetting your stomach.

• Posted

I think you should have your gallbladder checked out. sounds like what I experienced when I had a diseased gallbladder. I had really bad indigestion and bad nausea to the point of feeling sick all day. My body couldn't digest food that well. Bad burning in my chest and pain in my back and under right rib. So if his sounds familiar then have it checked. Bye.

• Posted

Its really only indigestion with me, I never actually feel sick. I'm sick because i make myself sick to get rid of the gas to relieve the pain!

After eating, I do feel like when i burp my food comes back up like its not digesting properly.

I get pain round my back mostly and sometimes inbetween my ribs, like an uncomfortable pain. Sometimes i'll get heartburn but very rarely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.