Really bad lung state only in the morning

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey, I've been wondering if anyone had the same problems as me. The doctors have no idea how to explain this. You know how they always tell you to give sputum in the morning? Well, for me, productive cough is not possible until abbout 4-5 hours into my day. When I wake up, my lungs feel dry and sensitive and inelastic, as if they were made of plastic. I have bronchiectasis with a productive cough, but it only happens in  the afternoon and evening.

Another problem is, I recently started physiotherapy, which is always in the morning, and this feels so forced upon my lungs, yesterday I woke up with small stabbing sensations all over my lower lobes. What is happening? I barely cough anything out after the morning physio. The doctors keep convincing me this is crucial, but it only brings me more suffering. I'm tired enough because of work, going to physiotherapy every day only makes me more exhausted and then my lungs start hurting.

The dr suspected asthma at first, but the medication does not change anything. The only possibility left is mild or atypical CF, but I'm yet to do tests on that. Is there anyone with a similar problem?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The best non medical activity I do which helps a lot is swimming.

Dont have much phlegm if I can get a regular trip to the local pool going.

• Posted

Argh, about six years ago I started swimming 3x a week to get my lungs in order and that's when I got Pseudomonas sad I guess those group showers and all that steam aren't so sterile after all rolleyes
  • Posted

Hi, I went to physio once to give it a try and like you it was a morning appointment, I felt so sore afterwards, but the thing was I hardly got anything up.

Now I do the drainage mid-day on an empty stomach and have no trouble clearing my lungs.

When I was working I used to do it before dinner and this worked just as well, so no more physio for me. It's a combination of having been up and moving around and doing it on an empty stomach.

I hope you find something that works well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.