Really Bad Night Last Night

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

I had a really bad one last night the 1st one in a while, my heart was beating way to fast but not full blown panic attack i was sure some one was trying to break in every little noise had me doing a full check of the house, i ended up waking up the kids to check they where still alive at 3am this morning, i can see now this was not the thing to do but at the time i needed to do it.

My sleeping pills had no effect at all i was still sitting on the sofa at 6am when the kids got up for school, i am working from home this week so at least i didnt have to go to the office in this state, i am sopost to be a professinal.

I am very worried that i am getting worse and will end up making my childrens lifes a mess, i need help.

I will go back to see my GP ASAP.

Can anyone let me know how you deal with this, i have been fine for about a month now i feel really set back,

Marie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie

Really sorry to hear of your setback. I hope things have improved and you don't have a repeat performance.

As i'm a flu taker i can't really help, wish i could. That's the trouble dabbling in other forums.

Best wishes and here's to a better night. x :?

Meganpooch (forgot to log in again)

• Posted

Hi Marie

Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.

I have been suffering the same as you and have been like this for months.

Things have got so bad that my husband work are paying for me to have some counciling sessions.

It is now becoming a little clearer that i can't do this on my own with tablets alone i need to talk. Have you asked your Gp for some sort of counselling. It has really helped so much so that i am begining to unravel the ball of wool and things are begining to look clearer. I think i may even make parents evening next week which was a big no no last week.

I never realised that just talking to a stranger could help so much. especially when its your dedicated hour one to one and you know it won't be repeated.

Take care lizzy

• Posted

Hi Megan Pooch and Lizy thanks forr the replies, Last night was the same again up all night the slightest thing/noise setting me off. the strange thing is that during the day i am ok i still have the odd freek out but its the nights that get me and the lack of sleep is taking its toll.

I am not sure that councilling is for me i had it one before i am going for some CBT theraphy soon so hopefully that will have some effect.

I am worried that these pills are not working any more as i have gone back to how i was before Xmas.

Hope you guys are feeling ok at this time. and thanks for the responses.

Marie

• Posted

Last night started badly i was all ready tyried after days of no sleep. i was very gittery and when my husband said lets got to bed i couldnt so i told him whas been going on in my mind, he has noticed the not sleeping but he had no idea if how i was feeling, he has experiance with mental illnes as a close family member is very ill so he was understanding and we tlaked this through.

I cryed for hours and finally i went to sleep and i sleept untill midday. i feel refreshed and not happier but hopefully that i will get better. I am of to the docs on wednesday and my husband is going to come with me as i have a tend to play it down to the doctor and he can tell him how it really is.

anyway only a quick update how yo are all feeling well today

Marie xx

• Posted

Hi Marie

Just typed this once already and its all just dissapeared.

I told my hubby last week what i was feeling and going through and he has been great since.

The only problem is he doesn't like the amount of stock i keep in the medicine cupboard. (as i told him tablets would be my way. I would't even consider that at the moment.) There are 7 of us in the household and i don't want to be at the chemist all the time. So i think i may arrive home oneday next week to find the cupboard empty.

Thats a really good idea to take your husband with you to Gp visit. My counseller thinks half my problem is i hide it too well from the doc.

Take care and i hope it all goes well on wednesday.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Marie

Sorry to hear you are still having such a rough time. Hope your appt on Wednesday gives you some positive hope.

Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on. X

• Posted

Hi Guys, thanks for the kind and helpfull works, i am now back at work and its helping take my mind of things alot I have explained to by boss what was going on in my head and to my suprise he told me about the CBT he is having himself! i feel alot more better knowing my time of and working for home is understod.

I am back at the docs tomorrow i am now relying on 4 times my normal dose of sleeping pills to sleep and that is not good for any one.

Will update you all on out come of doc's tomorrow

Take care

Marie xx

• Posted

Hi Marie

How did it go at the doc's tonight?

Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Thinking of you. xx

• Posted

The doctors didnt go to well he wants me to try another week on the 40mg before trying anything else.

I went of the rails on Tuesday night i drank myself in to a real state with a friend of mine who has his own issues, not good i think when i am feeling bad not to hang out with other mentlly ill people we only bring each other down.

this morning on my way to work a young guy jumped on top of the train and from what i could see ended his life, it kind of put things into prospective for me as as bad as i feel i want to live and i want to be happy.

There is so much in life that can bring you down and at the moment i seam to have a lot of them but i am going to push on and rise above it.

I will keep you all updated with how this week goes i am feeling positive today to hopefully this feeling will last.

Take care all xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.