Really bad night, so anxious now

Posted , 7 users are following.

im just going into week eight of citalopram 20mg. Some days are better than others but never anxiety free. I take 3.5mg of zoplicone to help me sleep but I’ve awoken very earlier today with constant waves of panic. I just don’t know how to make it stop I’m so wound up and scared and then I just want to cry. Will I ever get better this is tearing me apart.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sorry you had a bad night!

?I think I'd make an appointment with your doctor. Tell him/her the insomnia is getting worse, and that you haven't felt much (if any) improvement. I really think it's time to consider going up to 30 mg., and see if that will make a difference. Even if you initially have some side effects, think of it this way: you are struggling where you are now, and it's at the 8 week point. Making a change could make you feel better!

?As for the insomnia, have they given you other options for medication? I've found trazedone works great for me. I try to fall asleep on my own, and then after a certain amount of hours and I haven't slept, I take one. Usually one is enough, but if that doesn't work, then I can take a second one. I've also been on lorazepam in the past to help me sleep (dealt with that the same way; I didn't take it until I tried to fall asleep on my own), and that worked well, too. I find that just having options cuts my insomnia anxiety down. As for the zoplicone, I have no experience with that, but on another anxiety forum I'm on someone mentioned they've been prescribed it nightly to help them sleep for 20+ years. It's a shame your doctor is making you wean off while your anxiety levels are high.

• Posted

Thank you Kelly, I’m going to ask the doctor if I can keep a low dose of zoplicone for just in case, so if I get insomnia which does trigger panic attacks for me, then I can have at least one decent nights sleep with one zoplicone. If I’m not coping though with the anxiety on a night when they take them then I think they’re going to have to help me somehow because it’s awful trying to get through a day with anxiety but trying to do it on only a couple hour s of sleep or no sleep is horrific.
    • Posted

I think that's a good idea, asking the doctor if you can keep some zoplicone at home "just in case". Knowing you have something available that you can take if needed will help with the insomnia anxiety.

• Posted

I also get anxiety like clenching my teeth usually not realizing I’m doing it. And my upper gums still hurt under my cheek bone. It’s frustrating! 

Will😎

• Posted

Hello will hope your doing better..your teeth clenching is that a side effect of celexa ?or was it prior celexa?mine was celexa side effects..
    • Posted

Oh yes I do that too and if I don’t stop myself I get pains in my jaw.
    • Posted

Ok because alot of the times folks on here don't explain that they are having a side effect of celexa not the initial side effects of anxiety and I get confused with my response..

• Posted

Gemma, 

Me too. I also have pain in my upper gums under my cheek bone. My dentist checked  it out and all ok. 😣 it comes and goes. 

Will😎

• Posted

Lois, 

My initial side effect of anxiety is when I cough or bend down I get head pain. It’s one of the reasons I was put on celexa but I do not notice it’s helping that. It’s definitely helped with my panic attacks. 

• Posted

My initial anxiety symptoms where paresthesia of the scalp headaches migraine with aura and uncontrollable adrenaline I could actually feel the adrenaline rushing from my stomach to my brain.it was a night mare I notice those symptoms fading right away..what took long for me was the side effects... all though I was feeling my initial anxiety symptoms subsiding the side effects made it worst ..it's so confusing..

• Posted

Wow that is freaky. I’m sorry. We’re you in an accident or had any trauma? 
    • Posted

No..never been in any accident or been hospitalized..after two visits to the er and all test came back negative .. anxiety was the culprit physical anxiety .. Because I live quite a good life nothing to be depress about..just one day I started getting pulsating sensations in my chest from moving heavy furniture and all of a sudden I developed those anxiety symptoms..it was the most severe feeling I have ever felt it was really strange ..I couldn't comprehend why the doctors kept telling me there is nothing wrong with you ..and all that it was .. anxiety..

• Posted

Wow life really has its ups and downs. We are blessed that we have meds to help us through this. And we have this forum. You have helped me at my worst times. And also you have helped do many others. I too have had so many tests and many  doctors. Finally I went for my opthamologist semi annual visit and I told him about my heachaches and when I cough or bend it hurts. He set me up with a neurologist and this neurologist did 2 more mri tests and brains scans and all negative. He put me on celexa 10mg. That’s where I am today. 

• Posted

Yes will the things this horrible Illness does to us is mind blowing..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.