Really bad upper arm pain

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi

lately I have been getting really bad pain in my upper arm. It's like it's deep within the muscle but more on my right side than my left. My arm feels like I have weights dangling from it as it feels so heavy. I also get bad dull ache in my armpit. I've just had some more blood tests done as I've had horrendous itchy skin to the point where I couldn't think about anything else and they all came back negative. My doctor has even tested me for allergies and again negative and has now put it down as stress due to work as I'm still getting a really hard time from my work and that's been going on since last year. I've had this arm pain before but never as bad as it is now. I know stress makes our symptoms worse and I am really stressed out at the minute but the pain in my arm is horrendous.

Does anyone else experience this in their arms? As I say mine is more my right side. The only thing I get in my left arm is the dull ache in my armpit.

If anyone does get this any ways to try to help relieve it would be greatly appreciated 

thank you x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello. So sorry you feel this waysad

I've literally just joined this chat to find out if people think it fibromyalgia that I've got.

I too get a horrendous achy arm in the morning. From my fingers right to the top. I can barely put one foot in front of the other in the morning. I just want to cry. I hurt all over!!

I'm scared that if i do have this, there's no cure and could potentially have it for life.

Really hope you get some answers

Best wishes

Vicky

• Posted

capsaicin cream is a terrific painkiller if its for localized pain its only on prescription and contains chillies  so it is imperative to wash hands after use but please believe me its a great painkiller i wish i could put it over my whole body if you decide to ask doc for this please let me know if it helps you as good as it helps me
  • Posted

I've recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Don't know much about it yet.

My upper arms are so painful to touch. I can't sleep for very long at a time. I can't stand up or walk for more than about 10 minutes. I feel like my legs will buckle. Its been hard to accept, after being so active & standing on my feet all the time as a Salon/spa Owner/operator 30 years.

• Posted

You guys should look into anti -virals meds just in case your fibro pain is viral trigged.
  • Posted

Hi Alison

Yes I have the same problem. How did you treat yours and did it help. Had fibromyalgia since 2014 November.

Teresa

• Posted

Hi Allison,

I too have very bad pain in my forearms and hands. I have found that I get a lot of relief from some natural sources. Moranga leaf (capsules). I take about 8-10 capsules a day. I also take Kap a rest  and sometimes Aloe Vera juice. All of these help take down the inflammation which can give much needed relief from the pain.

• Posted

hi I noticed that you posted this 2 years ago. I really need to try to find some help for my arm and I wanted to see if you had gotten any help for your arm . I have deep muscle pain in my right upper arm not in my left arm just my right arm and it feels like I'm carrying around a heavy weight just the exact same thing that you pretty much said. I have been treated for carpal tunnel. I have been giving injections which I didn't think carpal tunnel would come all the way up my arm. The dr has just pretty much assumed it is fibromyalgia and I will have to live with the pain in that arm. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for at least six years and in all trigger points of my body but for some reason my right arm is so much worse. I was really hoping that you could give me some insight to maybe something that you have found out that has helped. I do hope that you are feeling better and if you can help me with anything I would appreciate it. thank you so much. Marie

• Posted

Hi!  I am having this same arm pain. Just as you and Allison described!  My rheumy told me to do some physical therapy. I did and it got better for about a minute but now it's back. 

I'm not getting any relief. 

I'll check back on this thread to see if anyone has any answers. 

• Posted

Thank you for writing back. On my upper right arm, I can feel what I call knots or tender spots.

Now these are so tender,you can't even touch them. When my Rheumatologist touches them, I scream in tears. 

Now none of my other trigger points are as severe as this arm. I have used lidocaine patches on it. I have tired to have it massaged and it was way to painful. I have stretched it , heat  everything that I can think of. My arm is becoming numb and this being my right arm that I use all the time. I don't have the strength in it that I once did. 

I am wondering if something else is not going on and my doctor just keeps telling me this is Fibromyalgia.

I know how bad Fibromyalgia is , it has now been 8 years with it. I do not understand why I would not have this is in my other arm. I do not want to upset the dr but I feel I need an xray or ultrasound. My aunt who has Fibro as well that this could be coming from my neck or shoulder.

If you don't mind me asking, do you take any vitamins, herbs or supplements that help you?

I don't know about you but I am 46 and it is all I can do to get to sleep at night and get myself up 

out of the bed each day. I don't remember a day that I have not been in pain with this in many years.

Thank you for responding Alison, any advice is appreciated

Marie

Blessings, and hope you have a good week.

• Posted

My dr. Decided on my last visit that this pain from shoulder to finger tips is being caused by tendinitis of the rotator cuff. He gave me a steroid shot saying that would stop the pain. It has relieved the pain some but still hurts. Of course a steroid shot could help tendinitis or fibromyalgia. Perhaps you could try the shot. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I have an appt scheduled tomorrow and this is definitely on the discussion list. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.