Really considering surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 33 and profalactic antibiotics but still get infections on them I can't face another 30 years feeling ill and the time with chest infections and pain . Has anyone had surgery

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have it in my sinuses and have been on antibiotics for years. I have had the balloon procedure twice. Now have another infection and back on Cipro. He talked about surgery yesterday and I think I am going to do this in June. It freaks me out. I'm like a germ freak now!

• Posted

I can't imagine going through this for another 30 and see it as the only option . I hope you get some answers x

• Posted

Have you been to an infectious disease doc?
    • Posted

No i haven't I will look into that thanks x

• Posted

I have had chest infections for the past 2 yrs just found out its now bronchiesis all they give me is antibotics i know what you going through cause it does get you down but will surgery help you
    • Posted

Hi Tony I was diagnosed at the age of 16 and I am now 33 . My infections have become uncontrollable the last 3 years hence why I am profalactic antibiotics. I have bronchiectasis only on the left lung soo surgery should help. I have an appointment with my consultant in the royal Brompton Hospital in London. In July soo I will have to discuss it then x
    • Posted

Hi fee 84 sounds like you ave ad it rough ope that you do get sorted out cause u such young age i know its hard ive been put on some antibotics but dont seem to work plus hospital put me on these carbocisteine still waiting for physo i was telled both my lungs are black at bottom i know july seems long away its hard for u ope they get u sorted out asap
  • Posted

It would be best to discuss it with your doctor, surgery does have a lot of complications and side effects to it. if your considering anything like a transplant this would require a lengthy discussion with your doctor. As it is a difficult process thats not including the recovery time which varies fromk patient to patient. Also there is no guarantee that surgery is a be all end all solution; as such a major impact on the bodies can cause issues with the immune system as it struggles to deal with foreign invasion which can cause it the immune system to be 'our of whack'. Please seriously do consider discussing your options with your doctor, I can fully understand what you are going through as I have been battling this for several years now; stay strong, with time it will ease up a bit. try not to stress as this for me and others I know is a big trigger.

All the best

Tanz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.