Really don't understand how I feel anymore

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just don't feel like I understand myself, like I don't know myself and never really have or is this just anxiety related again?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I feel like this too. I just want to be me again.
  • Posted

I can relate to this.... not been an anxious person until late last year when I started getting panic attacks. Started on Sertraline and feel better now but it has left me feeling as you describe! Perhaps we reevaluate life, not sure.
    • Posted

It is interesting that we all have a different way of looking at ourselves.

I have a happy side, an irritable side, a loving and empathic side, a positive side, a negative side and a cynical side and they all make up me, however, it all depends what is going on at the time.

We are all less comfortable with our negative, frightened, vulnerable selves and maybe we all expect to be happy all of the time.

Depression and anxiety is the most uncomfortable and scary thing that can happen of it is out of control I know only too well.

• Posted

I think we all have this multi personality that you mention and as you say it depends on what's going on which one we show at the time.

Wouldn't it be lovely though if we were happy all the time and understood ourselves.

I guess my thinking was, well for me anyway, that with a bout of depression and/or anxiety it makes us think why did this happen and we perhaps reevaluate our lives. Then we realise we don't understand ourselves or perhaps even know ourselves...... just my thoughts ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Posted

Totally!!! I haven't felt like me in a long time sad I have bad anxiety and sometimes I feel like it takes over my life but I'm really trying to be positive and trying to do things for me and getting out more with friends smile

It will get better smile positive thoughts and what we are greatful for smile

• Posted

What really worrys me is thoughts like ''do I really have a relationship with my mum'' ect ect and I just go faaaaar too in depth. I try stay postive alot but it's hard when you have a constant weird feeling in the pit of you that you know isn't rightย 

I hope you get better soon, I was doing just fine by doing that I was on my way but I knocked myself down the other day and I'm literally searching now how to build myself back up again x

• Posted

I'm wondering if it's anything to do with my hormones and how stressed ive been this year that has possibly caused this as I am only 15 and got all the stress of my last year and realising im growing up ect ect it's all changes and I'm struggling to adapt sadย 
    • Posted

Anxiety is tough!! You have good and bad days! Sometimes you can go for a year or two !

I understand the mom thing! We have lost our connection and relationship and it really bothered me but now it is what it is!! And I try to just be around people and friends that care for me and are important.

Try not to let things bother you as it will build up smile stay strong and positive ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

• Posted

Tanya these feelings make up a prt of you so just accept them and do not let them take over.

Take Care and try not to be scared.

• Posted

Know exactly how you feel Tanya, definitely sounds like anxiety!! Tonight I don't know how I feel either, keep trying to think positive but anxiety is creeping in more cause I keep thinking this is going to be me now for the rest of my days- even though I know in my head it's not!! Argh... I wouldn't wish anxiety on my worst enemy!!
    • Posted

Absolutely awful isn't it, I was doing so so well. I got put on Microgynon because I'm only 15 and it literally came out of no where so my mum thought it was hormone imbalance because I just kept getting all these different feelings and just general weird which were freaking me out more and they were helping me so so much until I was in school one day and I just felt very very lonely and it stressed me out and I started getting like this again, I'm not sure if it's anything to do with my period because I was literally on my way even if it was slowly sad I really hope you're feeling better soon, although you might feel a little crazy, I really think anxiety is all in our head which makes me feel split and crazy then because one moment I can be extremely fearful and panicky and the next I can be saying stop you're fine ect and it's just a constant battle between the two it drives me crazy!!ย 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.