Really down stressed about apprant Gerd

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys I've been recently really anxious and down about the symptoms I've been having recently. Last week I had severe heartburn and chest pain etc went to gp who said I have gerd again, they treated me for this before on lansoprazole.

But this time my symptoms are quite severe I dont understand how gerd can cause these symptoms and keep thinking I've been misdiagnosed. The sharp chest pain was like nothing I've had before littrally so painful for 1 second. I sometimes get a feeling in between middle of my chest and stomach of like a skipped heart beat or like an internal hiccup which sometimes feels heart related but apparently not after 2 ECGs. Stomach discomforthas seemed to settled but random chest pains still persist sometimes then with palpitations. I also when sitting have a twitch now for the last 4 days in the gap between ribs in the middle of the chest. I'm now on 40mg of pantropazole twice a day.

I wake up with a sore throat for the last 4 days and yerday had a tiny bit of blood in saliva again I'm told gerd has irritated the throat and I should wait 2 weeks for medication to take hold.

I've had a full abdominal ultrasound which was all normal but now await an endoscopy which has huge waiting list.

can anyone relate or have experienced these symptoms? If you have how did you deal with them. As I never thought Gerd can cause such symptoms.

I feel so down and depressed about all these symptoms and google doesnt help.

would love to hear from you guys.

thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.