Really fed up with flare ups

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am having another flareup.   Its only a few weeks since the last one, which was really bad and had to have antibiotics.

This one isnt too bad at the moment, so have stepped up with water intake and have taken two ibuprofen for the pain.   

What else can I do.?   I watch my diet as best I could but still get flare ups.

this is beginning to get me down.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh Eleanor I,m sorry your having flare ups, I had the same recently and was in a country were I couldn't get any help. I ate rice!!!

when I returned to my home I was on antibiotics too and suposatries which has calmed every thing down, I understand how low you must feel. Your doing the right things by drinking plenty of water and taking the antibiotics, have you tried probiotics and natural yogurt? I find them both to be very helpful, keep to diet that you know suits you and plenty of rest if you can. Get well soon 😊😊😊

• Posted

I would avoid the ibuprofen and take paracetamol instead.. Ive read alot of medical sites saying to avoid ibuprofen as they aren't good for this condition...
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I am feeling quite down just now.  I started another flare up on Monday.  It seemed really mild, so didn't bother going to Dr,  after two days of light diet things seemed to be getting better but now I feel back to square one.   Have an appointment with GP today.      It's only 7 weeks since I had a really bad flare up and now I am at my wits end to know how to stop them.

• Posted

I take probiotics, Ala Vera juice and Fibojel. But still am getting flare ups.

its beginning to make me feel quite depressed and I'm afraid my GP will see me as a nuisance if I keep going back to her.

is there anything else I could try?

• Posted

see my report of taking charcoal tablets. Has made a big difference to me. They won't cure it it but can provide some relief. I also take a probiotic tablet. After antibiotics for 2 days I take 2 pills a day then for 3 day 1 pill a day then 1 pill every other day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.