Really feel like giving up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Put on 2lbs this week, that's 3lbs in a fortnight. Don't know what I am doing wrong. It was my Hubbies birthday yesterday and I even refused to go out for a meal. I feel really depressed. Seeing my GP tomorrow and he might not prescribe any more pills as I have been on them for so long sad sad sad sad sad sad

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Ask to have your hormones checked x It might be your thyroid or the change (sorry if you are not old enough). Do you just eat 3 meals a day, because that helps as the tablet doesn't work on snacks in between meals.

Chin up I am also finding it hard xxx

• Posted

Cluck, I went through the \"change\" 5 years ago so it is unlikely to be hormones. I snack in between meals on fruit and raw carrots so I don't that could cause it. If I am honest, I don't do enough exercise. I've got a Wii and an exercise bike and they are both gathering dust. I am basically a lazy cow lol. :roll:
  • Posted

Or just feeling a little down xxx

I would still ask for your Thyroid to be tested x

I am lazy, but equally I have a young family (3 and 9), work full time, feeling the pinch and full of excuses lol. I need to see results to spur me on and I won't get them if I don't try so all in all a vicious circle. I think it is hard as i have not met anyone on here who seems to be in the same boat, most are older (I'm only 31) and have the ability to cook themselves seperate meals.

• Posted

Don't Give Up

There seem to be a few of us that are stuck at the mo and are not getting the results we deserve :roll:

I work full time and fit in what exercise I can which leaves me with very little free time so don't really have the time or energy to fit in any more exercise.

BUT I don't want to give in because I don't want to gain weight again and gain a little, them lose it but can't get past the brick wall and am so mad with myself for not being able to lose at least another stone.

Come on! Let's think positive at least we weigh alot less now and must be healthier because of it so let's keep plodding on. It's a pity we don't live near each other so we could help each other by popping round to 'G' each other on so I'll have to send you all a virtual 'prod' (lol) and say DON'T GIVE UP! we have done so well to get this far and owe it to ourselves to NOT GIVE IN :!:

• Posted

I second everything trying hard just said!!!!!!

You have come so far to give up now!!!!!

Just give yourself a little time and your body will do what you want it to do eventually!!!

Do you visit the docs weekly/fortnightly?

I would try not weighing at all at home - only do it at the docs - i think our confidence gets very knocked when we see the scales say the wrong things - that way you can focus on your eating and exercise :D it may help :D

Lots of prods and encouragement from me :lol:

sian

x

• Posted

Hi Sian, I only see my GP every 6 months so I have to weigh myself.
  • Posted

I can't believe you only get to see your Dr evey six months. I seea nurse practitioner once a month. I know some people get two months of tablets at a time but my surgery refused and said I have to go every month othrwise I don't get the tablets. It is annoying having to go once a month but I get some encouragement and support and the fact I know I'm going helps me focus. You need more support!
  • Posted

I don't mind going every 6 months because I am \"white coat\" phobic - honestly. I get plenty of support from this forum :D
  • Posted

I wish I could get one once a month!!!!

I went from 13th april til 15th june with 1 months supply cuz my docs were changing their system so i couldnt book an appointment and then i booked my next one for 13th july and got phoned yesterday saying its had to be cancelled as the doc is on holiday and can't be offered one until 27th july - again with 1 months supply.

I'm coming off after the next time anyway as I'm going on our long awaited honeymoon and after that we're attempting to have children so I won't be able to take orlistat.

• Posted

Sparkles - has your doctor has told you to come off the orlistat whilst your ttc?
  • Posted

Just wondering because mine hasnt, not my gp or a consultant we saw at an ivf clinic, aslong as i test monthly im ok to carry on, then again all docs are different.
  • Posted

I wish you both All the luck in the world on ttc ladies I'm really lucky I've had 4 children :D
  • Posted

you're right they do hold different opinions.

i was on these tablets before and at a different doctors practice, my old gp had the same opinion as my new one about coming off but from the sounds of it you've been ttc for a while, maybe my docs want to see if it will happen in my current state before moving onto loosing more weight/ivf etc as i'll be ttc for the first time.

thanks for your kind wishes trying hard smile fingers crossed we both get what we're longing for

• Posted

Yeh 2 years march we have been trying, feels like a life time!!

We are waiting for our appointment to come through as my partner's gp has refered us for help :D

Thanks trying hard :wink:

Sparkles - good luck with everything hun

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.