Really frustrated

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since I had a massive bleed in my right leg... for no known reason except that A&E continued to give me heparin, I have had awful pains in my leg. Hospital refuses to want to know, says it may be my back? I have had a mri which I now own on disc but as we have the most rediculous post code system here.. I live in England but have a Welsh doctors practice and for some unknown reason a Welsh post code! The doctors dont speak to each other and in the meantime my pain is getting worse by the day. How, when you feel so awful do you fight the NHS. I could just cry as I don’t know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Trish

I live in Australia but am from the UK. (Migrated in 1980. )and the hospitals are a bit similar but I am shocked at your treatment. 

Can you choose your own GP? Or  is it the way it was when I left and you are allocated one in your immediate area? 

The reason I ask is that you need to find another one and if I were you, go to another A&E........ I realise it’s a lot of messing about Trish but somebody needs to listen to you. 

Keep us updated and good luck. Xx

• Posted

Hi, yes I will let you know what happens. Doctors, MP and hospital rep are having a meeting about all this today. Not holding my breath but you never know. It’s a weird system as our surgery is in England but the main practice is in Wales. So basically you don’t have the same doctor you just see whoever is available. To request a particular doctor the wait is 4/5 weeks! It kind of works most if the time. The problem kicks in when you need a referral to a hospital! Then it all goes to pieces!
    • Posted

Oh Trish, I will keep everything crossed for you ok?  Let me know Darlin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.