Really getting me down - thinking I'm dieing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm new to the forum but have been apparently suffering with anxiety for about 5 years. When I was first diagnosed I want having any of it and I didn't believe it. I was in my teens and I went to one pysdgology session after which my next one was cancelled and never reseculed. It all started with palpitations and a headache. Which I though was a Tumor. (After watching a programme) Which I had tests and all came back clear. Over the years I've kinda controlled it and my 'physical' symptoms didn't seem to bother me that much. I had my second child 2 years ago and obviously my diet exercise and sleep have been disturbed.

Over the past couple month I've noticed being slightly more anxious and every now and then getting the tingles. Over the past probably 6 weeks I've been feeling bloated on and off. Not really thinking about it until 2 week ago where all of a sudden. I feel bloated all the time, my belly is constantly rumbling. then last week I wake up having what I think was a panic attack. since then I've been feeling low and thinking about illness. To the point I can't get it out my head and my memory and concentration is so bad. The past two or three days I've had pain jus tinder my ribs, feeling so bloating even though I don't look bloated and my belly just doesn't seem settled. Of course I think I've got an illness and that is it! I'm in with the doctor on Monday and I'm actually hoping he sends me to the hospital for appropriate tests on my bowels stomach etc. I'm actually in such a state. Constant worry. Bursting out crying. I constantly feel hungry but I'm kinda scared to eat incase I feel more bloated. I'm constantly tossing and turning in bed. Feeling so tired and just like I can't be bothered.

I have children so the thought of being ill gets me extremely anxious as it is. I just don't know what to do. I should be enjoying my life with my babies and all Im doing is thinking about a horrible future. The more I focus on my belly discomfort the worse it gets.

Anyone having similar symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I went through alot of stress a few years back.I have always had anxiety.I had loads of bloating etc.went to a gastroentetologist.There is a tremendous amt of research pointing to a direct connection between our mind and stomach issues.if you google it i am sure you will find it.I felt lousey for about 8 months.He thought irritable bowel syndrome.goes hand in hand with anxiety.I feel much better now,in fact ive gained weight and need to go back on a diet.hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply.

Thinking about it I think I have read vaguely somewhere about there being a link between. I'm just worrying thinking what came first! The stomach or the anxiety, As I thought I was 'over it' however looking back I do remember over the past months i have been thinking about my anxiety in the past, thinking at what point did I start to feel better. Maybe that's how I've started it off again. Who knows! I think anxiety is such a tricky thing to understand. The symptoms can go on and on. I literally worry about the slightest spot on my body and think it's the start of something, but up until now I've kinda 'blown it off' and kept telling my self I'm being silly.

Thanks again

• Posted

hello

​just wanted to add, i was exactly the same , but instead of waiting for the doc to make me an appoitment at hospital, i went straight to A&E and had all the test done same day,i was diagnosed anxiety,depression, strange really because once they said that i started to feel better, hope you feel better soon .

• Posted

Relieving to hear. How long did it take for your stomach symptoms to calm down?
    • Posted

i had nausea for 4 weeks, and to this day still get it on and off when i feel and think about ilnes, pressing my stomach never helped as it hurt and the doc said if you press it that hard it will lol. so i stopped. the crying was awefull couldnt control it, and then you start thinking all negative thoughts, even when we have anxiety you still think you have some thing different much worse, even if you had it in black and white you still think more negative after a few days . it will get better ,it did for me , i mainly managed on ensure plus drinks from the docs or off fleabay, they gave me all the vitamins and are a meal replacement available in milk or juice style, i wasn't sleeping well at all which made things worse and found it hard to even walk i was so dizzy all the time, doc refused me sleeping pills so i purchased tesco brand and they were great, i dont use them now but when i did they worked wonders for me.i learned to control  panic attacks , hot sweats well i simply put the fan on, and to take my mind off things when i started to pick up , i started to play a computer game online and immerse myself with others online and it took the negative thoughts away. take care
  • Posted

The first day I got my panic attack I felt like I was choking so I went off food as I thought it will choke me. I had to eat and drink between episodes. I then wouldnt go toilet as I thought I was going to get locked in because I saw this programme where this person was in a confined space. I realise now that everything I saw in that first week on me first experiencing a turmoil affected my thought process. I need 5o understand that 5hrm things wont happen if I font put myself in that situation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.