Really got bad anxiety. Rapid heart beat. Not sure what's going on with my body.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 21 years old female. I've been experiencing something really buzzare these past 3 weeks. Something I haven't felt in over two years. I have PTSD and major depression. Well 3 weeks ago someone I had let back to in my life had brought up bad past memories and it seemed to trigger all my worst fears and anxiety. I feel like I was living again in the most terrible time... I have nightmares all the time I feel like I have cold/hot sweat through my legs but it's just a feeling. I feel scared and bizarre that I don't know what it is. I don't know what changed to act this up again.. I feel like my legs are on fire constantly. And I feel cold/hot sensations through them. I try to stay busy but people I've been around I feel like due to just my lower half that I feel they see the sweat or whatever it is. And I feel like I smell stale or something. Idk I feel I smell good . My anxiety is so bad now and I'm not sure how to deal or what I should do.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

The best advice I could give you is to make an apppointment with your GP/doctor as soon as you can.  Make a list of how you are feeling, and by the sounds of things, you have already identified the trigger (the person from your past). Have you thought about any sort of counselling to help you deal with and process your past issues?  Your GP should be able to let you know whether he/she thinks that would be appropriate and helpful for you.

Good luck x

• Posted

Yes , thanks. I had scheduled an appointment with a counselor. But soonest availability isn't til 23rd of this month. Thanks tho much for the advice because I been stressing so much my hair is falling off and I'm going through stages of shaking etc.

• Posted

Until your appointment on 23rd, if you find that you are still sturggling, then I would advise you to seek medical help, maybe contact your GP for support until then.
    • Posted

Just a thought - do you have any family / friends that you could confide in?  It might help talking to them?  Or if you meet them for coffee, might help distract your thoughts for a short while?xx
    • Posted

Yes thanks; I haven't exactly talked to anyone really. I've gave hints to my parents that I haven't been feeling so good. And they were around the last time I had went through this about to years ago. But it was worse then I had went to a mental facility and was on a lot of medication due to how severe I felt. But now yes I make effort to still go out and see family and it helps get my mind off it but still I end up feeling different and anxious. I keep on trying to do other things to preoccupy myself by working out, doing sports and still doing the things I enjoy . But this feeling I've had for 3 straight weeks I'm just in hopes of it all going away. And to feel as confident as I was .

• Posted

You will get there!  You sound like a strong person!  And, I think that you should be proud of yourself for realising that there is a problem now, which you can get help and support with, before it gets worse.

Talk to your parents!  You might just be surprised xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.