Really high IGA results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've just had my IGA blood results back as 250 were anyone else's this high as I know your positive above 10 rolleyes

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have high IgA levels but the rest of my coeliac bloods were normal. The tissue transglutaminase was negative. I have no idea what it means sad
  • Posted

Hi not sure whether IGA is the same as tissue transglutaminase - but my 8 year old had a score of >300 and something called  HLA typing confirming DQ8 positive??

She is definitely Coeliac's

• Posted

Iga is the transglutaminase, then they tested me for endomysial antibodies which were positive. I'm still waiting for my biopsy results. 😐
    • Posted

Me too, it's such a waiting game. I'm not eating gluten now anyway, I couldn't cope to eat gluten another day.
  • Posted

I went to the docs today and he said that even tho my IgA is raised (5.29 and should be below 4.50) because the tranaglutaminase is negative he said I don't have coeliac and to stop thinking about it. It's all confusing sad he said low IgA means coeliac but I know high can also mean coeliac.

Hope your biopsy went ok smile

• Posted

It can be both low and high, my transglutaminase levels were above high reference limit and I tested positive for endomysial antibodies, hence biopsy to confirm.

I haven't had results yet, it was awful, I didnt have sedation and was sick, they said possible scalloping in d2 part of intestine, which is classic with coeliac, but they need to under the microscope. I also had erytamous gastritis where my stomach meets my small intestine so I've got tablets for that. Will get there eventually 😊

• Posted

Wow u did well to get through it without the sedation. At least it's over and done with now, hopefully onwards and upwards now when u finally have a confirmed diagnosis. hopefully when you go gluten free you will start seeing a major difference smile
    • Posted

I went gluten free the minute I'd had endoscopy. Starting to feel a little better. Just getting used to it now.
    • Posted

Biopsy results back, I'm coeliac , there is total atrophy damage rolleyes need to go back to hospital now.
  • Posted

Good to know you have answers hope it gets better for you now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.