really high liver enzymes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I'm alcohol dependent. I had a blood test in september and my liver enzymes  were 354 for AST and 234 for ALT, ggt was raised too but can't remember the number and bilirubin was fine.The nurse said they would go down after detox but my gp said I might have cirrhosis and has booked me in for an ultrasound next month.

I'm very scared. I had an ultrasound last april and all was fine but a fatty liver. Also had gastroctopy and was fine.

My fasting lft results over the past few years have been normal or just slightly raised. 

My liver in February this year was only 64 and this was taken first thing in the morning but this September result was taken in the evening by the alcohol services after I had drank almost half a bottle of vodka so I don't think the results are accurate.

How could I develop cirrhosis after normal ultrasound last year and normal bloods in February this year?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.