Posted , 4 users are following.
I have some strange symptoms for 3 years now and doctors seems incapable to find what is wrong. Would love some advice.
- I have had these one off strong contraction in my chest that freaks the hell out of me. They happen at random times, although I noticed they happen more around meal time. They are very surprising and freak me every single time.
- After, I tend to have some kind of stomach gas
- While standing, sometimes I would feel discomfort in the stomach/oesophagal area which triggers anxiety and sends my heart racing
- Tired all the time since this started
- Tenderness below breastbone
Tests I had:
- Heart echo/holter/stress test (all normal)
- Upper GI endoscopy: Showed some mild oesophagitis
I was put on PPIs. Tried 2 weeks and dumped them because they made me feel even worse, unable to digest with food sitting in my stomach for hours.
Anyone had something similar? I can't decide whether this is the oesophagus, stomach or heart and am tired of the doctors who can't tell me what is wrong with me.
1 like, 10 replies
Hi! Yes, I also feel IBS is a "collector" the doc uses when he doesn't really know what is happening...
Hi, I have the same. Problem it's called esophgal spasms. They are so painful. If you sit up straight and try rubbing centre on stomach helps let out whispers of gas. Go to doctor about this and get checked out as it is the same type of pain as a heart attack. I take amoprazole for Barrett's ephosegus but don't think they are connected..Di
Thanks! I went several times and it doesn't seem to be heart related. Can you describe your feeling when these spasms happen to you?
Sounds more like a digestive problem especially if it occurs at meal times and your endoscopy showed irritation. Try a food diary to see if any food is causing symptoms.. Stick to bland foods and avoid anything fatty or spicy. Chest pains like this can be caused by acid reflux and you don't always feel the acid. I have had pain like that.
Try an over the counter antacid like Gaviscon. This helps my acid reflux.
Hi Pippa. I agree it sounds a lot like a digestive issue. I am already trying to restrict my diet to trouble free foods. Funny you talked about Gaviscon, I just ordered the British version of it (Gaviscon advance) with its fancy "raft forming alginite". I have high hopes on that one!
Join this discussion or start a new one?New discussion Reply