Really loud stomach gurgling

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi does any with a cid reflux have very very loud stomach gurgling. also with it i have bad burning which travel s to my upper arms and round back of my neck. on a high dose of omeprazol but so far not working.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had all that experienced too & thank God I was able to find out or understand how to avoid those attacks or scary, terrible feeling to the extent not able to breathe due to the acid. I always try my best to eat on time, never allowed myself get hungry, in case I got that attack or scary feeling again due to stress at work or I was not able to eat breakfast, I boil egg half cook, the first boiling point of water I'll take the egg out & place it on the top water to cool it and eat it right away, thank GOD that helps to stop the acid. I always try my best also to exercise daily or every other day by running or walking on a treadmill and stretching, inhale/exhale. To drink at least 8 glasses of water daily, 8 hours of sleep and avoid stress by prayer and reading the Bible, I try my best to be consistent to pray as I wake up in the morning & meditation in the words of GOD, thankful grateful to wake up & still have a purpose. It helps also to let go resentment by forgiveness & forgiving myself too for any bad decision or wrong choices in the past, let go of all the regrets in the past & start to live in the present in complete dependent in GOD by faith in Christ Jesus. Avoid also in a stationary for a long time like sitting for a long time, need to stand & walk a little or do some stretching. It helps me also on taking blend vegetables & fruits like slices of lemon, ginger, cucumber, sweet potato, apple, pear, pineapple, beetroot, grapes, pecans & kale and a spoonful of honey. I usually soak the lemon and grapes with water and a little drops of vinegar and wash them with water to get rid whatever harmful pesticides, any vegetables or fruits that didn't requires filling the skin that's what I do before blend. I know that feeling, I been there. I don't want to be selfish, I want to share how I been healed and I believe that humility before GOD, trusting GOD by faith in Christ Jesus gives me peace that's far beyond human understanding and that defeated the depression & anxiety this acid reflux, heartburn & GERD and I give God all the glory.

• Posted

Yup, I had that as well. I did a ton of reading and experimented with a few diets, but ultimately what worked for me was a low carb diet.

The loud gurgling is gas. It's being produced by bacteria in your gut which are fermenting foods that weren't easily digested and absorbed in your stomach or very early in the small instestines. The gas needs to escape one way or the other (pardon the image). If it goes up, it passes through your stomach and pushes acid up into your esophogus...thus reflux. For me, reducing carbs (especially starch and fiber) caused less fermentation in my digestive system, which caused less gas, which caused less acid. I pretty much follow the keto diet now and feel pretty good.

I do agree with the poster above me that reducing stress is a HUGE part of correcting digestion. I'm also a Christian and find that prayer and mindfulness and BIble reading, etc. help...but you should find what works for you. The body can't properly digest food if you're in a state of stress, so it moves partially undigested through your small and large intestines which is where the fermentation happens. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.