really low and down with what the docs keep saying is gerd :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

If i aint feeling sick or being sick i have days where i am really breathless and my belly gurgles away and belching allday. I take omeprozole for it but does nothing for me its been going on for 2yrs now and its really starting to get me down allso my sternum area allways feels tight can anyine relate. As i am really fed up now constantly feel foggy and lightheaded at times. I have bad days and worse days lol im 34

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it sounds you need to give your stomach time and the right food to heal.

Eat clean, no alcohol and coffee.

For me a big change was adding prebiotics and probiotics to my diet and totally taking the refined sugar out of my diet. Plus drinking much more water.

Good luck   

• Posted

hi thank u. Its just i seem like ive tried it all and its really starting to scare me sometimes feel like im having heart attack. it gets so bad i find my self not wanting to eat and i dnt help myself as im a really fussy eater aswell sad i thourght being on the meds would help and it concerns me that they dont do anything for me. The docs are just happy to keep giving me them no matter how much i say they dont work at all
    • Posted

Hi, I sometimes have that, too.. start moderate exercise even it’s hard, but you will feel it helps.. 

and are you stressed? Do you get enough sleep? And try Vitamin B12 to help with you stomach and digestion. Make sure you get Vitamins and Minerals.

Plus the more meds you take, the worse your stomach lining will be ruined..

If you have a stomach ache take Aloe vera. 

• Posted

i am stressed but only because of this whole issue it just never lets up its here 24/7 sad
  • Posted

I have GERD and I rarely feel sick with it.  This only happens if I have extreme acid and ignore it for too long.  I have never vomited with acid reflux. If you had it, you would feel the acid burning your stomach or you would get liquid acid coming up ino your mouth.  Sometims you can get silent reflux where you don’t initially feel the acid but you start to cough and clear your throat.  You may also get burping and chest pain along with a tight sternum.  Reflux does not cause you to feel foggy or lightheaded.  You can get these sensations with anxiety or it may be another condition triggering this.

Omeprrazole helped my reflux, so if it doesn’t work for you, either you don’t have reflux or you need to ask for something stronger or ask for your dose to be increased.

Since this has been going on for two years, you need to go back to your doctor and ask for an h pylori test which can cause the abdominal symptoms you have been experiencing. You may need an endoscopy to see what is going on in your upper digestive tract.  Another possibility is gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach lining.  If you are getting any abdominal pain, particularly under the ribs, this may be another possibility.

• Posted

Hi thnx for your reply . I do bring up acid quite often back up in to my mouth with what ever i ate an hour ago. not daily but more often then not its horrible. On certain days i also burn all the way down to my stomach drinking tea water anything really. I had cam down my throat about a year ago come back i had swollen intestines and thats all that got said. was ohhh carry on with the meds ? Im going bk again for another next month to see if they can actually see or diagnose anything. Im just lost and stuck with wt to do its having a major impact on my life and just makes me not wanna wake up most mornings as soon as i open my eyes its off all over agin sad . Im sat here drinking apple cider vineger heard that could help ill try anything
    • Posted

You could also try milk so long as you are not lactose intolerant. It is very soothing on the stomach and takes the burning away.  Sometimes fatty, rich and spicy food can cause heartburn, so try to eat a more bland diet or try a food diary to see if a food is the cause.  Don’t eat late at night and eat little but often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.